[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SLOT CAR MODEL CAR SWAP MEET SEPT 24

SLOT CAR MODEL CAR SWAP MEET SEPT 24

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

SLOT CAR MODEL CAR SWAP MEET SEPT 24

Postby mattb » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:07 am

One of the local guys is putting on this swap meet/show. This is the first and hopefully it goes over well enough to encourage him to do it again. The location is easy to get to, just a few miles south of Louisville on I 65. The hall is right at the exit. Hopefully it will be worth the trip for any of you that are within 100 miles or so. That would take in Indianapolis, Cincinatti, Evansviille, Nashville, all within 2 hours drive time.

swap meet.jpg
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SLOT CAR MODEL CAR SWAP MEET SEPT 24

Postby BIG E » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Excellent!

A little far for me from the NYC metro area of course, but it looks like a great time, and I wish the promoter all the success.
Next April's (4/8/2018) running of my Long Island Toy Car Trifecta show will be the 5th anniversary, and things run smoother each year.

I'm hoping in the next year or two I can start to make the occasional trip to shows outside the general northeastern US.
As it is now, there are shows that I vend at on a regular basis in PA and MD that are at least one night's stay for the trip.

Please let us all here know how everything went at the inaugural event.
Again - best of luck, and... Enjoy!! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:57 am

:text-goodpost: SURE GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT A NEW SHOW :text-bravo:
Make sure he lets all the slot car sites know about he's show. :text-feedback:
I'm pretty sure most sites have a forum for show dates. :text-google:
Kinda far for me here in Michigan but it sounds like fun. :violence-axechase:
HO Drag racing sounds good, everyone could bring their fastest car. :auto-driving: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-driving:
and see where they stack up against the competition :angry-tappingfoot:

bigman :text-bravo:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:03 am

2 days till the show
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:22 am

[size=300]The show is a go for Sunday,there are 80 tables reserved and they are scrambling around trying to find more. Several out of town collectors are allready here with their SUV's filled with slot goodies. I have 30-40 1/32 plastic cars I'd like for somebody else to own and will do my best to see that happens. I also have plenty of track and race setups to allow anybody to go home and set up a nice track the same day. I have true 1/24 two lane Eldon, big track like carrera (cheap). I have 1/32 Artin, 1/32 original Aurora 1/32 track inner and outer curves, I have both kinds of SCX including a full Bass Pro Tri-oval with no cars. May even bring a could of Lionel General old time train sets that are new and have Railsounds, I also will have a few resin Indy cars in various stages of completion. Should be good Early bird gets in at 8am.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:00 am

Matt
:text-thankyouyellow: Thanks for the reminder :text-thankyouyellow:
Sure hope you have a great day selling your goods. :clap:
Sounds like your going to have a lot of guys trying to do the same thing. :D :lol: :o :? :? :mrgreen:
I'd much rather buy from a good sale at a swap meet / show instead of buying cars off e-bay. :angry-tappingfoot:
If you or anyone going to this outing could take a few pictures and show all of us what we missed :text-coolphotos:

:banana-dance: GOOD LUCK TO ALL BUYERS AND SELLERS :banana-dance:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:57 am

Here are a few pictures from from the show. It went off great with more stuff and sales than I really expected.
Breakdown was appx. 40 % HO, 40% plastic 1/32 and maybe 20% 1/24. Only two model car vendors,
the rest were all slot cars. Quite a few out of town people, a little disapointing that more of the local guys didn't come in. Quite a few of the guys I know locally weren't there and I would have thought that a show within 15-20 minutes drive time would have brought them all out. But, we did meet 4-5 guys from a the Indiana side of the river that play a little at home and were not aware of our 1/24 guys on that side of the river. they have been invited and hopefully will come to one of our home tracks and maybe even the speedway. More pix follow
P1010003.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010001.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:00 am

P1010009.JPGP1010005.JPGP1010004.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am

P1010008.JPGP1010007.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 pm

That's the stuff - and an awesome looking venue!
Do you know about how many people were at the show overall?
I hope all the vendors (and the promoter!) made out well.
Now ya take the good, fix up the not so good, and get ready for the next running of the show!
Excellent, wish I was there! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:57 pm

How many in the door? I can only guess. No big lines of people, just here and there. Over the 6 hours we were there, maybe 150-200 people thru the door. Also all the vendors were buying, too. I would guess there were 50-60 vendors that used the 80 tables. That is easily over 200 buyers, maybe 300. I know I came home with a lot more $ than I took and a lot less stuff. I sold cheap, but I really wanted stuff gone and a lot of it!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indybob009 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:11 am

Great to get a follow up. I wanted to make it' I live over in Corydon IN. area but just had to much work to do. Also working on a new track' Carrera 4 lane. Use to go over to Bullit Speedway way back. Thanks
indybob009

Postby Kevin T » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm

How did the show go, and when will be the next one? I live around Lexington ,ky.
Kevin T

Postby mattb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Kevin it was a good show and where else can you go and be among a couple hundred other slot car guys!!! That makes it worthwhile to me. As close as you are, you should be there. Depending on how involved you are with slots and for how long, there is lots to see that you may never have seen before. lot of guys that just want to talk about slot cars. It would be hard to not go home with a few things!!!

I'll post the date next time I come here.

mb
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Slot Car News!