[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CG Slotcars L88 Corvette Chassis

CG Slotcars L88 Corvette Chassis

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

CG Slotcars L88 Corvette Chassis

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: CG Slotcars L88 Corvette Chassis

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 am

We have advanced quite a long way when one of my best running cars has an alternative chassis option. I wonder if, after the cataract surgery, I will be able to keep an eye on a car faster than the L88's I have now.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby williamg » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:40 am

Hope that the pricing for a printing unit come down more to produce a chassis at home.

More options we have the better, and 3d printing is a big part of the future.
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:50 am

It's more about the knowledge and skill to create the designs. I am slowly teaching myself with CAD but soon it's time to take a few courses.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Changing-Gearz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:08 am

I was so happy to see this chassis, it was kinda funny because I was just thinking to myself that I should ask Matt to make that chassis as I have a few L88 Corvettes that I would like to modify a little. Thanks Matt for getting another fine product to market for us.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby joe lister » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 am

Changing Gearz,
This chassis is long over due in my mind and will definitely be in my next Shapeways order.
On a separate note, although I don't have one to convert, I like what you are doing with the Fly Ferrari 250 LM chassis and making the interior to fit as well. I especially appreciate the option you have with the interior and chassis available as a combined package to save some money. I applaud that effort and hope to see that option on other chassis going forward.
joe lister

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 am

Ok, well, I transitioned through several CAD softwares before going on through management and then web programming and I find it interesting that my main hobby is going in that direction, but I prefer fabrication with wood brass and solder. Sorry, I try to stay away from the computer on my down time (ok, I just got off work and here I am)... I have purchased a couple of chassis from Shapeways in order to be proxy-competitive for next year, but I'm just as glad that someone else is doing it... Good luck Harry, you never learn everything there is to know about operating a real CAD program... another hobby in itself...or career.

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 am

My eldest boy (almost 40 now!), started with CAD and transitioned from there. He uses Solidworks now, for a custom carbon fiber manufacturing outfit. He designs and oversees fabrication of several bits and pieces of high performance GM cars as well as wedges for runner's shoes and all kinds of other stuff. This is the kid who wrote so tiny in grade school that he got away with not bothering to get spelling correct. When he was caught he spent a whole summer month writing papers for me, and I looked for the most pathetically boring subjects I could find, with as many complex terms as possible. I have always wondered if that was where he fell in love with engineering.

Now that carbon fiber is in common use all over the world, it looks like there is yet another incredible material that will come along soon, a further development of carbon fiber. Nanotech is coming.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Slot Car News!