[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Replacement Trigger for DiFalco

Replacement Trigger for DiFalco

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Replacement Trigger for DiFalco

Postby brainslot » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:51 am

Last edited by brainslot on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
brainslot

Re: Replacement Trigger for DiFalco

Postby RichD » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 am

That trigger would work with any controller that uses a Parma trigger assembly.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:47 pm

I switched my Difalco controller over to this trigger and used it for the 24 hour race in Michigan. This is the first endurance race I did not get a blister!

After trying different this trigger, I had decided I liked the "two finger" approach. What's nice about this trigger is it can be easily shortened to your liking. Great product. Thanks Brian!
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Like "Smokeio" (Mike), I too used the "Mr. Longfinger" trigger at this year's Michigan 24 Hour Endurance Race. In fact, I have been using this trigger for the past 3 or 4 years (even before it became available on Shapeways). I prefer 2 fingers on the trigger - with the stock trigger, my second (middle) finger is in an awkward position - half on and half off the end of the trigger. With the Mr. Longfinger trigger, I can adjust the length to accommodate my 2 fingers perfectly. Mike used the vinyl sleeve which Brian provides - my preference is wrapping the trigger with a couple of layers of padded medical tape. I used to have a "death grip" on the trigger which would result in my fingers/hand cramping up. When this happens, it is just a matter of time before your lap times become inconsistent and off's/crashes become more frequent. Since switching to this trigger, I have a much more relaxed grip which translates into more consistent lap times - this is particularly important when racing in longer events. I did not have to enlarge the hole that holds the ball bearings - it was a nice, snug fit.

:text-bravo:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby brainslot » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks Smokieo and SCC for the feedback on the Mr. Longfinger trigger! :text-thankyouyellow:

The Shapeways material can be cut easily with an exacto saw so you can trim it to a length that works for you. And then you can cut the vinyl sleeve with an exacto blade to match. Another option to the medical padded tape is tennis grip tape that has a sticky side and padding.

Congratulations to the Slot Car Corner Team that just captured 1st Place at the Michigan 24 hour race! :dance:

Brian
brainslot

Return to Slot Car News!