[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Chassis for Carrera Stang

Chassis for Carrera Stang

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Chassis for Carrera Stang

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Chassis for Carrera Stang

Postby dw5555 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:30 am

Now that seems like a worthwhile investment. Stock the rear of the Carrera mustangs sit about inch off the ground. Might even be competitive with some of the other brands.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 am

Harry - you don't let anything slip by!
Inline only for this one. I tried for months to find a solution with a SW pod - but it kept looking like the original Carrera chassis.... I'm happy with the look now.

Here is a shot of the stance:
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:39 am

Uh huh, that looks tasty:) I really like these bodies and want them on the track for more combat. I did make a brass chassis once, but I am keen to try this.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby 4424ever » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:45 am

I was figuring on brass for these as well I don't recall an article on yours Harry did you do one?
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:21 am

I did one awhile back.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 pm

CG,
Any interior rub with this option?
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm VERY happy to see this... and mine is on the way from Shapeways!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby 4424ever » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Sooooo that would be a stinker stand then eh. Sorry I couldn't resist :D
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm with Dave. I went out and counted the cars and ordered 3 today.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 pm

There are many Artin-stein chassis out there. It is one of the most changeable. Has anyone tried to copy it?
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Is it possible to use the stock Carrera Mustang rear axle and motor with a compatible inline motor pod? I like to keep my cars as stock as possible but like the lower stance of your chassis.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Carrera axles are smaller - and knurled. They will not work with the slot.it bushings.
You can probably get there with some work on the wheels and gear - but the axle difference is around .25mm - so one wrong move and your reaching for super glue

Inline pods are easy to find - most people switched them out on the Slot.it group c cars to a side-winder pod. I have 4-5 hanging around for example.

The Carrera motor is an FC130 can - it will drop right in. I think Slot.it flipped the motor around in the pod at some point (or maybe thats just the SW pod....(?)) - you just have to make sure the motor shaft is pointed the right way!
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 pm

I'll be picking up a couple of these. I hope they do the Vette too. Not that the chassis was as bad but I'm sure it would run better.
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!