[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Clover Leaf Racing NSR Nationals

Clover Leaf Racing NSR Nationals

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Clover Leaf Racing NSR Nationals

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:04 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Clover Leaf Racing NSR Nationals

Postby gascarnut » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:11 pm

I am interested in running both classes, and I am trying to convince a few other SoCal racers to join me. So far, at least one other is likely.

I hope the Shoreline guys are planning on attending, it would be fun to meet up with them again, as well as meeting the Michigan racers.

Coming from the "left Coast" we know nothing about silicone for tires, we are used to seeing it used in more appealing forms... :o

And of course out here we run on 12 volts. :D

But we can adapt.

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Dennis, on the track we are going to be running we normally run at 11.3. We could try 12 but I think the track is a little tight for that kind of voltage.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 pm

No problem, Mike!

I was having a little dig at my friends from Shoreline - they will remember me saying years back that I consider it a Universal law of Nature that slot cars run on 12 volts.

Of course back then Smokeio smoked me more often than the other way round, but I hope to set that right at some point on his turf.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:39 am

Volt? What's a volt? I think a volt is different on the left coast as it is on the right coast. That's why us racers on the right coast are faster than the racers on the left coast.

Dennis, Let me give you the trick to silicone tires and it's all you'll need to know. Use the microwave oven.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 am

Aha! I see I woke the sleeping giant...good morning Smokeio!

Microwave oven, eh? Well, better than an Easybake I suppose.

I have a few months to experiment and a few tricks up my own sleeves, so it will be interesting to see how slow I will be when I get there.

A lot will depend on exactly when the hand-out tires are handed out in relation to the start of the racing, I guess. No time for hours and hours of microwaving or polishing or whatever you guys do up there in the dark all winter...

Seriously, it will be good to see all you guys again, it has been a long time.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Pics of the track

Postby Wicked Mini » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:33 am

Wicked Mini
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Question please - the rules say that QuickSlicks will be the handout tires, but there's no mention of which compound.

Will we get a choice, or will everyone get the same, and if so, which one?

Thanks!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:30 pm

We will be handing out Extra Firm. If someone really wants the soft compound we would be more that happy to also add them to the list of tires. We only run the extra firm at the store, reason being is that they perform better on wood and smooth plastic like Carrera. Soft tires seem to perform better on abrasive tracks such as Ninco. Soft tires also are a little easier to true than the extra firm tires. Silicone tires are not like real car tires softer does not mean more grip.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks, Mike!

I will need to order a few sets to test with, so I wanted to be sure of getting the correct compound.

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks Dennis, I got your email and will be getting back with you very soon.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:25 am

Wow. Dennis with silicone tires?
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:44 am

You just never think of an African American racing on silicone tires, do you Smokeio? :lol:

I still remember the first time I met Dennis, it was at the first Sano in Chicago. He introduced himself and I thought to myself "I thought you were black". Dennis always referred to himself on blogs as an "African American" because he was born in Africa. And he's right, he is a true African American. :lol:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:17 am

We're thinking of making the trip from the REAL northeast (those Connecticut guys like to thing they're from the northeast... let them keep their illusions!).

I have read the rules and have a few questions:

1. Can we use white, blue, black or green chassis or only the stock black chassis?
2. Air System wheels are mandatory on the rear. Am I right? Could we use the 5001, 5003 or 5017 wheels on the rear?
3. We will use handout tires. Will we be allowed to glue and true them before the race?
4. Gearing says we have to use any NSR axle gear and stock NSR pinion. Does that mean that we can't change the number of teeth on the pinion or we can we use any NSR pinion, whatever the number of teeth?

Races are on Saturday. We'll get there on Friday. Any chance we'll be able to use the store track on Friday for practice and final tuning?

Thank you for hosting Mike. Will be fun to see you all again!

Christian
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby gascarnut » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:05 am

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!