2 cars delayed

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

2 cars delayed

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:07 pm

So i wanted to post this myself. The Ford GT and the Wrecker are being delayed until Q1 of 2017.
Both cars are progressing though. I want to be clear that they are NOT cancelled. The progress in the design process is slower than we'd like. So rather than push it just to get it done we want to get them right. I email regularly with the design director (who posts here pretty regularly) and he's shown me the work on both cars and both are really coming along nicely. I've seen the work and you're going to have to trust me that both are going to be VERY well received when they finally come out.
I'm not happy to have to post this, but I don't want to hide or not let folks know as soon as I was allowed to confirm this publicly.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

2 cars delayed

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:14 pm

Well kind of a bummer, but I m more than happy to wait to get a great product done right. Thanks for the info Dave.
Guess I'll get to by the other Vette this year and a GT in Jan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2 cars delayed

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Quality is always preferable to promised promptness. No matter what it takes, even a delay, quality is always the best choice. You can tell them for me, Dave, this is the right thing to do for the customer. I'm proud of them for making this decision.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: 2 cars delayed

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Dave -
Appreciate the heads up... Bummer that both are delayed, but like others, I would rather see them come out "right" than quickly.
Guess I will just have to keep playing with my other new Carreras in the mean time... :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to Slot Car News!