[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Policar Lotus Arriving

Policar Lotus Arriving

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Policar Lotus Arriving

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:33 am

Seen the model is finally here on this side of the pond from our dealers.

Check your favorite/local for availability/pricing.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Policar Lotus Arriving

Postby cgingras » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:02 am

I have plenty of them at Slot Car Corner Canada and shipped almost all pre-orders last night and this morning.

I had very little time to play with it so I just got it out of the box, put some Paul Gage tires on it (21125 is the recommended tire to replace the original rubber) and drove a few laps around the track. With absolutely nothing done to the car (no oil or grease, braid adjustment, or anything else), it's already one of the smoothest cars I have.

Can't wait to work on it to make it worse (sorry, better!). This is one nice piece of miniature machinery!
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:06 am

Your report has me really excited now :) TY
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:17 am

And so you should be Harry. , this car has the latest in design and tech used in its production.
From all report's I have heard this is one great car, and raises the level on the F1 front.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CCC » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Christian shipped mine yesterday! I can hardly wait to try it out!
CCC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Mine is on its way too, now, thanks for the news!

I hope someone gets the F22 replacement tires in soon as well, it looks like they will be a different size to other Slot.it rubber tires.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:50 pm

This particular car with the gearbox set up has a pinion, crown, spur, spur , on different planes .
The crown is a nine tooth and the next drive is a 17tooth which is stock. Options for a 16 and 18 tooth are available.
The stock gearing gives a 2.97 : 1 gear ratio which is as close to 3 : 1 as you will get .
The motor is a 25k and very spunky, lots of torque and brakes. To run with your other F1 cars such as Scalex Legends or Fly which are 3:1 with 18 k stock motors can be an issue.
BUT,, good news is that the pod will accept a scaley or fly stock motor. Just be sure to use the original pinion as it is apparently not the same as scaley and fly, which could damage the rest of the drivetrain.
My friend has had his tuned and it runs like a scalded cat, He changed thenmotor to a scaley and it handles so much better than his brass chassis F1's , he thinks the pod system with gears may be the way to scratch build some of these sleek cars.
If anyone has an issue with the car which you shouldnt , then check the slot it site for good instructions on it.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:12 pm

I've had my car for two days and really enjoy the car. I took the car apart and added lead up front to keep the guide down. Putting the car back together is a little challenging, but can be done without breaking the plastic parts. Really like the motor even at 12 volts. Definitely worth buying.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:13 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Update, I went ahead and put some 21125 on, and made this car even smoother to handle around the track.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:35 pm

http://www.policar.it/Download/FAQ_PDF_ ... bly.en.pdf
Dogs Body, once he put the Scaley motor in it was very competitive with the Scaley and fly cars , but superior in handling . With the stock slot it motor it was way beyond, the Scaley and Fly cars
If you are running it against stock scaleys and fly cars and still have the slot it motor in it , then there is something not right. It could be the body pins in the bottom body section rubbing or the bushings and collar not set right. The thing is a rocket ship when set up. Check the angle on your rear wing, and if it is not level , then you have a bind in one of the areas mentioned.
Bob
Last edited by chappy on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Conti_rowland » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi guys, Chappy suggested I log in to your forum as the Lotus has now arrived in your part of the world!

I'm Andi Rowland who invented the gearbox and designed the Lotus for Policar.

Looking over the above posts you will not notice a great difference between this car and others at 10v but as you raise the voltage the handling 'should' make the Policar stand out while the others become a handful.

Won't always be the case of course, I have a friend down under and he says on his well rubbered track that the Fly March is better than the Lotus... Can't understand it myself... Ha ha ha! But of course everyone has a different style, track etc.

Any questions i'll be happy to help with.

Cheers
Andi
Conti_rowland

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:24 pm

Welcome Andi, we really appreciate your presence. Welcome to HRW!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Slot Car News!