[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalectric news swiped from the guys next door

Scalectric news swiped from the guys next door

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Scalectric news swiped from the guys next door

Postby slothead » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:44 pm

VictoryLapper - when you post the Pioneer Javelin as 'in stock' you'll be getting an order from me. I have 2 resin Javelins on Scalextric chassis in my TA series now, but can't get them to be competitive with the RTR cars. The Pioneer cars with PG tires are top performers on my road course so I welcome the opportunity to add a few more even if I have to buy 2 and renumber one of them - there were multiple cars that carried the Blue-White-Red livery.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 am

Does this mean that someone at Scalextric actually believes that a sidewinder configuration only drives one rear wheel?
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:59 pm

you're late to the party, K0z.

and I have to disagree- one would think that a gross engineering/physics error like this one can't be due to a translation between English versions, as all we did when we started this country back in the day was change the spelling of a few words and such, just to try to break the bond. last weekend I listened to a whole radio show about that, and that ain't no sinkin' simple sentence structure or translation error. it's an absolute statement with pictures to back it up, which I guess might have been intended to promote their new configuration, which it seems as though they know people would be skeptical of. but making up nonsense an't-a gonna do it.
if it were from Japanese, I might believe it, but whatever marketeers they have, there's obviously nobody checking 'em.
I don't know if the Scalex Co. (or better yet, their US reps, whoever they are?) care enough to read what we say on these forums or not, but they should post a retraction and an apology. and back home, heads should roll. (do they still Do that over there?)
we got a good laugh out of it and made our share of jokes, but putting stuff like out there for the G.P. is dangerous, as it's totally misleading. bad science, no excuse, sir.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:25 pm

no, I don't know that one, but it looks like we're on the same page.
I laughed for a couple days too, then I said, heck, that's just wrong.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

they are a mainstay of our hobby, so I just wish that they would get their act together.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:38 pm

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 pm

I think the entire inline/sidewinder discussion is interesting. HOWEVER...we just had inlines run with the sidewinders in the T/A proxy and they can be made to run very well together. I'll buy a dozen Javelins and love running them with any other T/A car I own and NEVER worry or look back.

I'm just thrilled to see Scalextric make it and hope that they can manage to get out of the tough times they seem to be having.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dr fabio » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 am

I suspect that the changes have more to do with streamlining production, reducing costs etc. rather than enhancing performance. But heck you cant pitch that argument at the buying public, so you need to go into PR mode and come up with some "plausible" reasons as to why you went down this path. I suspect however that the task was given to the work experience kid rather than asking one of the "engineers" to come up with a performance oriented sales pitch.

Scaly have been bleeding money of late, so I cant blame them for trying to reduce costs. Better they survive than go under....but it wouldn't have hurt to just run the PR past an technical person before release. :roll:
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:36 am

This is a belated reply to VictoryLapper - yes I'm a no-mag racer. Most of my cars still have the magnets in them, but I have 2 wood tracks with copper tape, so they have no effect. Sometimes I pull the magnets out to use for body mounts.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: maybe.

Postby SpeedyNH » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:23 pm

"I'm just thrilled to see Scalextric make it and hope that they can manage to get out of the tough times they seem to be having."
Doctor Dave, I'd hope so so too. but considering the nonsense they put out about the rear ends, I'm thinkin' that they might not have staffed appropriately.
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:37 pm

As long as I get my Javelins and more vintage GP...they can write poor documentation all day long...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 am

My sentiments exactly David.
iam also looming forward to the release of the new series.
British Touring Car Championships, (BTCC).
There are some great looking cars in there and look like the ones passing on the roads we drive .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!