[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another new slot car company

Another new slot car company

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Another new slot car company

Postby Dangermouse » Mon May 18, 2015 3:30 pm

At the UK Slot Car festival a new company was announced

Thunder Slot making 1/32 cars

http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices ... l-4272.php

Chap who was with NSR is behind it. Like his choice of cars. Might be tempted to add to my collection as the cars should go well.

At the festival he had a Lola T70 MkIII Coupe displayed (photo in link) and they are also making a T70 MkIII B Spider.

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Another new slot car company

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon May 18, 2015 3:54 pm

That is a sharp looking car! Looking forward to hearing more about them! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Czar » Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 am

Well, I just started my Christmas list for this year.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 am

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 19, 2015 9:31 am

Oh look! Another car three companies have already made in one form or another...

Fly - T70
Monogram - T70 Spyder
Slotter - T70 Spyder

I'm beginning to think the reason the market is not growing is due to the number of manufaturers making the same cars over and over. WRX anyone?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 19, 2015 11:21 am

I agree with Doc. Fly did it well enough for me. I don't need another version personally.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Well, there is one series of cars we could do instead of repeating a mold :)

And vintage Indy...80's NASCAR...Maybe a Javelin for that obscure series they had at one time...hmm, what was it again? hmmmm.

Regardless of how imperfect the Fly version is, the verdict was handed back a long time ago. SUCCESS. The countless hours I have had with friends racing that car and others in the series do not have a price tag. And although we all appreciate scale detail, none of the inaccuracies prevented any of us from enjoying them thankfully.

I wish them success and hope they are making new cars 10 years from now. And I will try and get at least one to try, but not because of the car...just to see how well it runs and to satisfy curiosity.

That is unless someone makes all those pesky cars in my above list...then it can wait.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Tue May 19, 2015 12:40 pm

With a name like that, I thought for sure it was another HO pancake motor aftermarket company!
Let's welcome them to the field, and hope they do well... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue May 19, 2015 1:02 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:18 am

A Lola T70 with a NSR type chassis underneath. Might even beat my Fly Lola T70 coupe with a HRS2 chassis or my R/M Spyder with the same chassis. If the new one comes in under $100 I'll probably get one.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby joe lister » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:27 pm

It does look nice and I will definitely be waiting for the reviews. There are a few questions that have kinda' perplexed me about this ThunderSlot dealio since it was first revealed and who is behind it.
1:) We are aware that Giovanni Montiglio worked with Noveillo Salvatore at NSR. Why wasn't this developed as an NSR deal? It does look like maybe he was wanting to a higher detail product than NSR typically does, maybe it was shot down by NSR management for that reason? Is it wanting to step out from under the long shadow Salvotore cast?
Is it an ego thing and wanting more recognition for the efforts he puts forth?
2:) The Slotcar Today article said that all parts would be developed in house. This one kind bothers me on a few levels. Do we really need another line of performance parts and proprietary motor pods? Why not use the existing relationship with NSR and use the same excellent running gear that is used in their superb classics? I have a large number of NSR classics and the only part that has ever failed for me was a bearing mount in a Classic pod and I believe that to be the result of non-plastic compatible oil. NSR parts are excellent (not counting that line of 2mm axle based products (which are good quality just but a questionable concept)).
3.) Upon hearing that it was Giovanni behind ThunderSlot and that he had disengaged from NSR, the first thing that popped into my head was: "So who is leading NSR now?" When Salvatore passed, I was confident that NSR was safe in Giovanni's capable hands. Now who is leading the way at NSR?
Just brain droppings on and off the subject. Still looking forward to the Lola coupe.
joe lister

Postby chappy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Noviellos wife is leading NSR, after some conflict of ideas about the company direction with Giovanni.
Thunder Slot is in direct competition with NSR.
The similarities in a lot of the parts are due to the obvious routes that each party has come from, and the design process.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to Slot Car News!