[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 1/32 Ford GT pix

Carrera 1/32 Ford GT pix

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Carrera 1/32 Ford GT pix

Postby SuperSlab » Sun May 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Guys, I think you should cut Racie35 a bit of slack here. He started off by just asking a genuine question about the weight. If you are not familiar with Carrera's cars that is a reasonable question. When it was pointed out that the weight was partly due to Carrera's normal build plus it was digital he basically just said he forgot about the fact that it was a digital car. I did not read it that he was criticising digital at all, more along the lines that of course it would be heavier due to that.

Peace.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 am

Maybee Racie35 is not familiar with Carrera digital cars...
We all know that Carrera cars are heavyer than any others.
grenou2009

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby grenou2009 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:08 am

X2 Dave :text-goodpost: , my first Carrera set dates in 2013 and both digital cars included are still running strong specially my 458 Ferrari which is still the quickest of all of my 38 cars; for sure it was repaired with crazy glue or some uncolour nail polish also including a few rear tire replacements for PG's and the same for the contact brushes...
I just love all of 38 digital Carrera cars, I wish I could say the same for 2 different LC that just stopped working.
grenou2009

Postby arroldn » Tue May 30, 2017 11:21 am

Sometimes heavy is good. When Carrera first produced the NASCAR COT Dodge Avenger some of us tried it in the Forums Cup proxy. It was ruled to heavy and dropped. But 2 years later it was a class winner. Why? I just sent in my #45 Dodge Avenger for the 2017 season. Weight 109.5 grams. 4-5 grams heavier than my SCX COT Dodge Chargers, and 5 grams over the minimum weight. It was also the fastest of the COT cars on my Scaley Sport track, on which I will run the event here in Sept. Now it is sporting a 26K motor. But where once this car was considered a dud it is now a winning platform. I am also running a Ferrari 575 in another proxy. It did well and will be re-engineered for the 2017 series. Just a little effort can get these toys running well.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaFisch » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks Carrera and Dave Kennedy!
DaFisch

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Glad you got your cars...
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Mayberryman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:10 pm

I would like to chime in and state yes Carrera is a bit heavy but Carrera also makes a car that will stand up to monthly or weekly racing. I have six Carrera GTs and have raced one of them for a year and a half, after about twenty races my Corvette C6 is still running strong and looks just as good on my shelves as any NSR, Slot It or Scaley car in my fleet. Given the quality, durability and cost factor The Barn Burner Slot car Club is replacing an existing class with a Carrera DTM class next year. On June 11th I will take a fairly long trip to race with a North Carolina club that races two Carrera classes ( DTM And Classic). Carrera might be a toy company but where else can you purchase a car for under $35 race it for several years and still have a better then even chance it will be ready for more races?

One last thought, people we are all just adults playing with toy cars, it make no difference if it is my $33 Carrera GT or my $200 Racer Resin. The fun factor is the same only the investment is different.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm

I just looked back at this thread and seen the comments etc about my asking about the weight. geesh...I know my other Carrera cars have strong heavier bodies etc compared to maybe my scx stuff, but it seemed high that's all. And to further answer your asking about my knowledge of digital..it's about zero , so yes I didn't figure on the extra grams.
I like the car though, I wasn't criticizing....I'd put it on a diet though somehow.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:20 am

No one was saying you were. I was just pointing out a few things. Trust me I've thought a lot about this topic and just wanted to point out that weight does have it's benefits... I keep telling my wife that too LOL!!!!!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 am

X2 :text-goodpost:
grenou2009

Postby scatman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:03 am

My car arrived yesterday. :banana-dance: Now, this car is one of my favorite 1:1, so I'm a little bias, but this is my nomination for slot car of the year. The car looks even better in person. Great Job Carrera! Can't wait till next Wednesday to race this car. Vette vs Gt Ford :music-rockout: Also, you can't beat the price. Thank You C.!!!
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:41 am

I also got mine 2 days ago and that car is just a beauty; after removing the rear magnet and installing after market urethane rear tires, it handled just as good as my CR6 and better then my CR7. :handgestures-thumbup:
grenou2009

Postby grenou2009 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 pm

After a few weeks of usage on my plastic Carrera track, I have to admit that my Ford GT is the slowest of 4 of my favourite cars.
All I did on all of them was just to remove the rear magnet, grease the pinion and gear, lub the bushings and installed PG tires.
I know that the cars are not in the same category but still,
Audi R8 was the fastest, Corvette CR7, then the CR6 and last the Ford GT. I still like that Ford but I love the stock handling of the Audi R8 :!:
grenou2009

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!