[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tire fitment chart for front tires

Tire fitment chart for front tires

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Tire fitment chart for front tires

Postby Modlerbob » Fri May 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Several of my slot cars from most brands are in need of front tires due to dry rot or the tires turning to goo. I have been trying to find suitable tires from PG but so far my guesses have left me with several pairs of tires that don't fit anything. The hardest so far to find have been tires for R/M Lolas and McLarens. Has someone developed a tire chart that includes replacement front tires? And, if so, where can I find it?
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Tire fitment chart for front tires

Postby Billy boy » Sat May 05, 2018 4:51 am

I would find that useful as well. I’ve wrecked a few pair myself.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby paul gage » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 am

those would be the two worst examples Bob! I turned the hubs down on a Razor to reduce the center flange diameter so the PGT-20105 fits.
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat May 05, 2018 7:12 am

Replacements for OEM front tires are a real problem. I would expect that the demand for those is not great enough for anyone to make replacements. Most of the time front tires will last a long time, if they eventually get hard that does not hurt anything. The real problem is the tires that turn to goo. If you are lucky someone may have found a tire that is close enough for your application. If someone wanted to make front tires a harder than normal compound would be better.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun May 06, 2018 10:52 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DrumPhil » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:35 pm

By any chance does someone have the tire size for replacement fronts for the Carrera C7R Corvettes? They make a great matched set of cars for racing, but my fronts are starting to go bad. I already have PGs on the rears. As was mentioned earlier, a harder compound might be a good idea for fronts, though.

:text-thankyouyellow:
DrumPhil
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby paul gage » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Carrera C7R fronts take PGT-19094LMXD... they fit most of the recent GT3 releases.... Ford GT, Mercedes AMG, BMW Z4's, 997's, 458's... everyone on the list below stocks this size too...
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DrumPhil » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Awesome, thank you Paul. Love your tires!
DrumPhil
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby davsp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 am

Hi could anyone tell me what size PG tyre would fit the fronts for Carrera Porsche 917k. The originals have disintegrated / melted.
davsp

Postby ALS » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:42 am

Yes they do have tires for the front of the 917k. I use 0 grips
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby davsp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Do you know the tyre size / model number. I haven't been able to find which ones to get.
davsp

Postby Broman62 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Hope this comes thru...if not go to Carrera Slots website and go to (132/124 parts) and click on (1/32 pit stop) and go down thru there and you will see what I’m talking about if this link doesn’t work:

https://www.carreraslots.com/Merchant5/ ... Code=89632

Hope this helps if you can’t find anything else...these are great people to deal with on everything Carrera!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby davsp » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:18 am

Hi,
I have found some replacements on the site you suggested. Thanks for your help.
davsp

Return to The Tire Shop