Tire size requests

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Tire size requests

Postby btaylor » Thu May 03, 2018 4:34 am

Harry, I probably put this in the wrong spot, so please move it to a proper location.
That being said, I am asking the group for any suggestions for obscure slot car tire sizes that may be needed.
I am making some new molds this week for urethane tires, and was wondering if anyone had a special or custom size they may need?. I realize that Paul makes everything we need in our RTR cars, and a few more as well. I am looking for the tires that are not mainstream enough for a major tire provider to concern himself with, but still may be a small need for. I have a huge selection of original tires from all makes, and a large selection from static models as well. If anyone has a particular oddball that they want copied, let me know on this thread please. I will be making molds over the next few weeks, and giving them time to de-gas, so this wont be an overnight project by any means. I am open to using any quality masters that can be provided as well.
The finished urethane tires will be made from reo-flex 40 dry. They will be vac chambered and post setting heat cured. My aim is to provide a quality all track surface tire that is not available anywhere else. I hope this "Artisan" approach to provide non mainstream tires will be helpful.
Any of you who have followed some of my builds over the years know, I believe there is a lot of fun to be had building odd slot cars, especially if you can find proper sized, good traction tires for them. and of course having a tire with good sidewall detail can make or break a good modeling project. So, let me know what is wanted out there, and maybe I /we, can provide some!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Tire size requests

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 am

Maybe I just have not found it yet, but I have not found a good race tire to fit the old Carrera Jaguar D types. The Ninco classic tire class works ok but not a perfect fit. If something is already out there I have not found let me know. Thanks.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu May 03, 2018 8:33 am

I have those tires for making molds, and i have a few of those cars as well. Sounds like a good one to make.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby frank9129 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 am

Bob,
ARTIN, I need all types of Artin tires.
The kids wear them out faster than I can replace them. Most of the front tires have been moved to the rear.
Thanks for the offer.
Keep making me happy. I also love the cars I get from you.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu May 03, 2018 9:05 am

Frank, Artin is no problem. I have those molds, and i go through them like dum dums from SCC. We will have plenty of those.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 03, 2018 9:12 am

I think I sent them along, but I need the larger 1/25 Jalopy. I'll shoot you a photo and dimensions.

Thanks for this effort sir. You are a gentleman and a tire scholar.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Thu May 03, 2018 9:30 am

Thats a good one too! I think i know what one that is,but a pic would be sure.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby 4424ever » Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 am

How about a Mono March 83G rear tire can’t seem to find a good replacement with out wheels a copy of the original would be sweet!
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Thu May 03, 2018 11:51 am

Any thoughts about the Monogram NSU tires, PG used to make them but not for awhile.
Tom
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby tjettom » Thu May 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Nostalgic pie crust drag slicks fer da GASSERS and RAILS!....A.S.A.P. !
Tom
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 pm

I got a request to build a model of one of my weirder cars of the past. It was a '59 Cadillac hearse, and in those days, the hearses and ambulances were not made of factory parts, but enlarged copies, making the whole vehicle huge. This resulted in the need for oversized wheels and tires. I found a model that will have to do, but the wheels and tires are completely out of scale. I plan to cut down some old 1/24th rear wheels, and glue a nice fat tire on. The oversized jalopy tires Harry mentioned might be perfect. When you get going, send me a PM with the dimensions, okay? I can wait until you get going, this model is going to be a crazy project- including filling 30 holes in the model body alone!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Thu May 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Tom, i have some piecrust slicks in both 1/32 &1/24.
Rob, thr tire demesions are on the SCC sight, still under shotgunz urethanes. If that will help. But i can custom make some also.

Looking for the nsu tires right now.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 am

Guy's, Just need clarify a few points here. I am NOT competing with PG tires, or any of our other sources for racing tires. I would bet, that if there is/was a tire that Paul made, he may still be able to provide them if his molds are still in good condition. That being said, my goal is to provide those oddball tires that would not be profitable for our mainstream tire folks to make or produce in any quantity. I will continue to carry the tires available on the SCC site, and of course any of the one offs that have been requested on this thread. I am doing this strictly for the fun and availability of these tires. this is not a money maker for me in any way.
The molds already available for making the former Shotgunz tires are in my possession, and those tires will/are available through SCC. If they (SCC) decide that some of my popular odd balls are worth stocking, then they too, may be available on their site.
I want to make it clear that I am in no way trying to move in on our current suppliers. they have dedicated a lot of time and money to produce a quality tire en mass, and they need to be supported first and foremost.
I hope this makes sense to everyone.
Now, if you want a set of tires for that not quite to scale, 1962 issue off brand slot car, I'm your man!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby tjettom » Fri May 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks Bob ...I do need the pie crust slicks in both 1/32 and 1/24...Could you please provide demensions and cost per pair? I have a few projects put on hold just waiting for (pie crust) slicks. Also, are they of presentable quality for showing of a car? I have seen some in the past that were very unacceptable due to too many major air bubbles/holes... Also do you have them for ribbed as well as smooth wheels? I appreciate your efforts and a source that will enable some long awaited unique project builds!
Thanks and regards,
Tom
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Bob,
GREAT !!
Send me a price list and I will be putting in an order.
I am getting ready for the fall racing season. Schools and Churches will be setting up for the school year.
Humbly,
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Tire Shop