[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tire size requests

Tire size requests

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Re: Tire size requests

Postby Fathead59 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Ok , I am not sure if this would be the right spot to ask this and if it is not could you send me to the right thread . Was able to pick up a MRRC Cobra off of the bay . Just got it in the mail today , and while I was checking it out what I noticed was they must have let a gorilla put it into the plastic box it came in, because after I took it out and gave it a once over I noticed that each tire had a big flat spot on it, either from being where it was hot or from sitting for so long. What I am looking for is replacement tires for it. Now I do have a tire razor so I could ease the flat spot out some but I feel that it will reduce the tire by a lot. And the kicker is, that it is on all four tires. Would like to keep the same type with the lettering if possible , but I not then that is what will do, hope someone can point me in the right direction
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:05 pm

I understand that this thread is for Paul Gage and Quick Slick tires only, but if either of those brands have the type and size tire I am more than willing to buy them. What I am looking for is tires for a MRRC Cobra, got one off of Ebay, and either it sat somewhere hot or someone tighten it down to hard in the packaging, but when I got it out all four tire had flat spots. I do have a tire razor but I have a feeling that I might take a lot off of the tire with how big the spots are . Someone has told me that he had a set of rears but I feel that I might be taking a set of tires that he might need for a future build
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: tamiya vintage of unknown year & tire sizeTire size requ

Postby Rastas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm

IMG_20190103_114023.jpgThe front look right I can make out good year on side wall .
When I found it it had no tyres on the back .
The rims are 12 mm in side side bead x 6 mm between bead. I have 26 mm gear so will have to be a little higher to clear the track , will need 2 mm side wall bulge??? PS. I hope you can help.!!!?
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:37 am

You need tires for vintage double flange wheels. Paul Gage offers urethane re-pops of vintage 1/24th tires, there may be something that will work for your wheels.
https://www.slotcarcorner.com/paul-gage ... -cox-c311/
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rastas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 am

I've been looking for tyre's for my tamiya but can't find any thing that will come close to fitting on that Paul Gage tyres site. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ???.
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rastas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:10 am

I miss read the rim size I need tyres 27mm high.od. and 14mm id. For tight fit on rims,rims 15 mm . 6 mm between flange
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Tire Shop