[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Where do you get your PG tires

Where do you get your PG tires

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Where do you get your PG tires

Postby rick42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm

I need to get rear tires for carerra,slotit,and racer sideways cars. I want Paul Gage urethane. Where do you guys buy your tires ?
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Where do you get your PG tires

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm

SlotCarCorner or go to Paul’s site on eBay!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Went to Paul’s site on eBay. Great site, thanks. They all say , 2 pairs. Is that a pair of front and a pair of rear for the price it shows ? Dont you normally just change the rear for better traction ? My tires are not worn out , I am just playing around with the magnets , and need more traction on some cars.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Honestly it’s been such along time since I personally ordered from Paul’s site on eBay so I can’t remember how they came! I personally buy all my PG tires from SCC and they have great listing charts of different brands of what tires best fit different styles of cars...can’t beat it...check them out!! I’m sure others will chime in to help out!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm

If they show two different sizes of tires then it will be front and rear, if they are just showing one size tires it will be two pairs of rears.

Slot car corner sells then one pair at a time if you only need one pair.
Last edited by Mitch58 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

That’s two sets for the rear.
I believe he does offer a few sets of front and rears, but they are marked as such.
I’ve had great luck emailing Paul when I wanted more information (or contact him through eBay or PM him here).
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Yeah, just order from SCC for faster US shipping.

I order special sizes from Paul all the time, but for most common sizes SCC, LEB..they carry a full load.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rick42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks . Sounds like SCC is the best bet.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby carlosinseattle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 am

Hey Harry, not sure if it's fair to restrict mention of any tires to only Quick Slicks and PG tires. Are you sure that's what you intended? If that's the case then shouldn't they be identified as vendors and this section be specific for those vendors instead of this being positiones as an open forum for discussion?

They both make great tires, but I've made and tried other brands and would like to chime in about those sometime, but i don't want to break the rules. Just thought I'd ask for clarification. If this section is sponsored and I missed that then I stand corrected and will abide.

Thanks
carlosinseattle

Postby rick42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:12 am

I called SCC and were told to email them with the description of the cars , and they would get back with me on the tire sizes I need. Havent heard back from them just yet. But im sure I will.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 am

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:06 am

The main title of this post was asking about where to get PGT tires.
It was NOT a comparison of tires as I read it. The question was where they could get Paul’s tires.
Stop making theses posts that assumes there was a prejudice against another brand when it clearly wasn’t.
I’m sure Quick Slicks are great, and I would hope if someone entered a post asking about them that all the PGT fans would start complaining about not mentioning them.
Civility and fair use gang.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 am

If you are looking for replacement tires to fit OEM plastic wheels be aware that most makers concentrate on tires for rear wheels, so finding tires to fit front wheels can be a problem. Another thing to consider is that you don't want to use front tires with a lot of grip. For the most part people use aftermarket tires because they have more grip than OEM rubber tires.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:34 pm

I always get my PG tires from PG. They always come four of the same size per package. Recently, I ordered tires, when they didn't arrive by past the time predicted, I contacted him. He reply, no worries, I'll send more. Eventually the tires arrived after being held up in customs for awhile. Made me feel special, package had been opened and resealed with special "US Customs" tape. After the second set arrived, I contacted PG, he said not to worry, my compliments.

I found that he is generous that way. Once when building a proxy car, he sent many sets of different sized tires just so I could find the one I needed.

Finally, I needed front tires for my Carrera 124 Porsche 911. He's the only one that I could get them from.

I guess that makes me a PG guy based on the service. When I order, I just expect it to take two weeks though.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:52 am

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Tire Shop