Bring your CASH!!! Michigan 24

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Bring your CASH!!! Michigan 24

Postby Almafan 55 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm

I have decided to run a raffle during the race. All money collected will be donated to the Cancer Society. Everyone one of us knows someone or has lost someone to Cancer! I lost my Father at a very young age to this awful disease. Some of are good slotting friends have battled this disease. I just thought it would be a fun way to raise a donation from us racers to help fight this disease. Things to be raffled are ; Sideways racer DP car, A Scaleauto blue ball bearing motor, CBD racing wheels, Cloverleaf gift cert, Ect. I will see what else would make a good raffle gift. Each racer will be given 1 ticket just for entering the race! Other tickets will be sold during the race. $1 per ticket, 6 for $5, 12 for $10, 25 for $20. Anyone can buy tickets not just the racers. This race usually brings about 50 people that stop in during the race.just look for me ( I'm the QUIET one) to buy tickets :hand: So bring your CASH! :dance: hopefully these prizes will be used for next years RACE! :music-rockout: only 5 days til race day.
Thanks & see you all soon. Almafan 55
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Bring your CASH!!! Michigan 24

Postby Smokeio » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:14 am

Great idea. Count me in.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:53 am

IN!
Mark

Postby moparjenny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 am

I'll buy one! :)
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby cgingras » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:42 am

Great idea. How many tickets for a purple plastic bill with a maple leaf on it? ;)
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:02 am

I'll let Rob update HRW readers with the final tally and more info about where the proceeds will go. Hats off to Rob for organizing this - what a great idea and a great way to further enhance the Michigan 24 experience!

:text-bravo:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:09 pm

This was a great idea Rob and some how this post totally escaped me. I also lost my father to cancer. This is the type of thing that separates our event from so many other events it not about making money it is all about the camaraderie. Thanks to everyone who participated in this.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Well said and well done.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Almafan 55 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Well 1st off I would like to THANK everyone that helped make this fund raiser a big success!!! :text-thankyouyellow: when I put this idea together I thought it would bring in around $250 or so dollars. But everyones response was overwhelming! :dance: For a 1st year event it went over the top,we raised
$ 420.00 :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: $420.00 :text-thankyouyellow:
With in the first 2hrs I had reached that $250 mark!!! I knew I had to step up the prizes, I said to Mike ( Cloverleaf) I needed to go shopping again! The next thing I knew, he came to me with 2 cars and said keep your money in your pocket! :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: Cloverleaf racing! Mike & Art :text-thankyouyellow:
Before the 5 rotation I announced the last tickets will be sold & the raffle would begin. Well, you people stepped up, reached in your pockets and threw money at me so fast that I had to ask for help! :music-rockout: not only racers, but on lookers as well! $420.00 BIG ONES
3 yrs ago a Canadian Racer raced in this event. Shortly after he was diagnosed with Cancer. We all missed him being at the races with us, after a long battle against this awful disease. Now the good news! :dance: last year at the Area 51 24 hr race in Conn. Which he wanted to attend. He FaceTime us to let us know he was Cancer FREE !!! :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :auto-driving:
So this years recipient is BENIOT !!! We ask that he donate this money to what ever Cancer fund that helped him the most, a hospital , research center, rehabilitation center ! We want these dollars to go to work locally! This will be BENIOT's choice.
Again :text-thankyouyellow: to all! This will be a new event at all of the Michigan 24 hr races.
Everyone agreed that this will become the RECORD we want to break!!! :text-bravo:

Also I received PM's from internet racers on this site & others,about getting in this raffle. I didn't know how to work this out. I will work on that for next years race. :D
Thanks Almafan 55
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 am

For me personally, Rob's fundraising for charity was one of the highlights of this great event. Having lost several relatives and friends to this terrible disease, this really hit home. I know Rob was pretty choked up when he described the fundraiser - rest assured Rob, you weren't alone. A big thank you to Mike and Art for donating some prizes for such a wonderful cause - SCC would like to do the same at next year's event. This just makes the Michigan 24's star shine even brighter!

Thank you Rob for organizing this and thank you to participants for your generous donations. I am sure Benoit will be very (pleasantly) surprised!

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:43 am

I talked to Benoit last night. He was very surprised and very touched by this gesture. He will think about the best way this money can help cancer victims at the place he was treated in the last year. Once he has made the decision, I will let you know.

He wants to thank everyone involved in this, especially Rob and those who donated money and prizes for this. The money will be put to good use, this is for sure.

This was a wonderful idea!! :text-bravo:
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum