[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thanks for a ton of fun!

Thanks for a ton of fun!

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Thanks for a ton of fun!

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 pm

By a weird confluence of circumstances I ended up racing with the Clover Leaf bunch this evening: totally unplanned but what a huge pleasure!

I was in communication with Moby Dick on a totally unrelated matter this afternoon and I mentioned that I happened to be in Detroit at the moment: he promptly suggested I pay the Clover Leaf guys a visit as they have racing on Wednesday nights. While this was absolutely not on my radar at all, I decided what the heck: made contact with Mike to confirm that racing was on and off I went.

What a great bunch of guys! Seeing as I was not planning on slot racing at all I turned with nary a slot related article on my person. They promptly loaned me some suitable cars and a controller and had me turning laps in no time.

They even took pity on this token Canuck and allowed me to participate in the actual races! Not only did they allow me to race: they also loaned me some of their best cars to help me look (I hope!) slightly less than totally clueless. So for all the folks back home: due to their generosity I only brought the West Coast (Strike one!) Canucks (Strike two!) with a funny accent (Strike three!) in sort of 90% disrepute. So with their good cars making up for my deficiencies I hope I did not completely wreck our reputation...

A great bunch of guys that made me feel right at home and ensured I had a total blast: thanks guys: you're great!!! Hope to see some of you out our way some time so that we can return the favour.

Alwyn
Last edited by SuperSlab on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thanks for a ton of fun!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Had the same experience with the Cloverleaf guys, SS. Enjoyed it so much, I'm heading back for a second 24 hour race with them next month. :)

I hope they gave you some practice before turning you loose at the races. :lol:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Always great hearing this kind of stuff. Shows what makes a good club a great one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SlotCarCorner » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:48 am

The Clover Leaf Racing club is a great bunch of guys who truly enjoy this great hobby! We always look forward to racing with them - in fact, we're heading out to our 4th Michigan 24 at the end of March. Several of the Clover Leaf racers have made the trek to New England a couple of times to race with us as well. If your travels take you to the greater Detroit area, be sure to look them up!!
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby mikeinclover » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 pm

It was really great getting a chance to meet you. We are always happy to have new faces come out and run with us. We try to keep our races competitive yet fun at the same time. Hope that the next time you are in the area you let us know. Maybe next time we can get you out to my house.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum