Corvette wins Michigan 24

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Re: Corvette wins Michigan 24

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I don't have one yet Steve. I talked to the distributor and they are ordered and just waiting for them to ship them.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 am

Paul did a great job of outlining the car and the car prep. I made a push to get one of my cars on the track, but I just never could catch up. Without question this race can't be won without a good car to start the race. However, this year's race prep was more involved and planned than any other I've done to date. It was clear everyone on the team was wanting to win, we just had to figure out how to win. Everyone involved played a critical role in the car building (even if they didn't touch the car or a tool), team preparation (even if they didn't touch a computer) and teamwork (even if they were a pain in the... I mean, even during challenging times). We were especially lucky to have a teammate that was willing to handle the marshaling and pitting duties without ever hooking up a controller during the race to allow us to get a little extra (and extremely valuable) rest.

Thanks to those that have congratulated and/or complimented Team Clover Leaf on the win. This event has become an annual highlight for me. The racing is always fun, the challenge to compete is always motivating, but the people at the event are what keep me coming back. It really is like getting together with 20-30 of my closest friends even if we don't see each other but once or twice a year.

Looking forward to 2019!
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 am

This is a great blueprint for building a winning team! Although I compete in a different scale and a different race format, the points you outline on car preparation, testing, and team building are absolutely applicable. I've bookmarked this post, and will refer back to it before our next team race. As a famous 1:1 team owner often notes: "Effort = Results".

Congratulations on a well-deserved win!

Rick V.

P.S. And as a former member of Corvette Racing (trackside communications manager, aka "PR Guy") I appreciate your choice of livery an attire!
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum