2nd Annual Orange Barrel Race

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Re: 2nd Annual Orange Barrel Race

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:10 am

The reason I asked was we have Cal who raced at your place and the store on your team. He is a good driver. We should be able to get a couple more if need be.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:31 pm

I've emailed Paul Martin to see if he can make it but haven't heard back, I'll let you know. Cal is an excellent driver and would love to have him if Paul or another guy we know can't make it.

We're trying to make our teams as Buckeye as we can, we don't want Rob to have any excuses as to why we beat you like you stole somethin or why we beat you like a red headed step child. :teasing-tease: :lol:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am

We need to schedule the race at my house before the end of August. That's when Miami University starts classes and it's hard to get a motel room close by.

Start figuring out a date that is convenient for you guys. We don't really care when we do it, we'll use second stringers if we have to, no problem. :banana-dance:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Budslots » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:43 pm

So what are the times for the June 24th race. Track open and race time so we can plan our trips. Thanks!
Budslots

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Greg, just let me know when you will be here and I will make sure the doors are open for you.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:30 pm

I hate to say this but we're going to have to re-schedule the June race. It was such short notice we only had three confirmed drivers.

We would like to try for the last weekend in July (29th-30th) in Michigan and about the second week in August (12th-13th) at my house.

Let me know if those dates are good.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Budslots » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:16 pm

I good with those dates.
Budslots

Postby mikeinclover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:51 am

Most of the guy's I have talked with are good with the date's. James can't make July but I don't expect to get everyone to be available for every date.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 am

We're pretty sure we can get a team together for July 29th-30th and August 12th-13th.

So are these the confirmed dates?
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 am

Yes these are the dates.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:56 pm

I just found out today that we only have 4 guys who want or can go to Cincy for the in August. We have different options change date run what we have use some of the guys from Ohio or just cancel the whole thing. When I say cancel I mean the series not just the Cincy race. We were just about to get our rooms when I found this out and for some reason they are non refundable so i am waiting to see what everyone wants to do. I really can not believe we went from having extra guys one week to not have enough to field two teams.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:10 pm

I enjoy the racing, but I don't enjoy not knowing who is driving until race day. Unless we can get things firmed up for both races and at least 4 solid teams, I say cancel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:16 pm

I agree with Corey. There's no telling what else will come up between now and then. Mayber summer just isn;t a good time to try to coordinate this many people.

M@
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Well, I really enjoy the race in Cincy! That's what started this whole thing. The group are a Great bunch! Yes even you Butch. They come here every year for the 24 hr. Race, I want to repay the courtesy and race that their place. Don't care if it's a so called meaningful race or not. I just can't attend Aug 12-13 or Labor Day weekend. So maybe we can switch the Michigan date and just race in Cincy or find a new Cincy date. Just my thoughts. Thanks Rob
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Sorry, guys I am good for the Michigan Race weekend, but the weekend of August 12-13th is spoken for with family obligations...I agree with Rob on enjoying the race down in Cincy it has been one of the highlights of the racing year. Regardless to what Rob says about Butch he is a great host and his venue is first class, I do apologize. Also JScot is also going on a family vacation that weekend, but can race the Michigan weekend...
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum