[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Michigan 7th annual 24 hour race

Michigan 7th annual 24 hour race

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Re: Michigan 7th annual 24 hour race

Postby cgingras » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:25 am

Unfortunately Dale, I don't think there are a lot of pictures of the cars. They were on the track all the time and when the race finishes, it's kind of chaotic as everyone wants to go home as fast as possible.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby Changing-Gearz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:22 am

It was great to see everybody again! I can't say enough about everyone who is committed to making this event as great as it is... It's top rate and I always feel very privileged to be apart of it. From practice Friday and all the racing - the food - to the charity drawing... Just very lucky to be there.

I think I mentioned to 1-2 people already that it's always great to get together - but there never seems to be any time to talk! well - except to Rob... And that's more listening than talking! :lol:

Allan (Audi1) built us a fantastic car (at the last minute with a new 3D carbon chassis) and we had a great bunch of drivers who put in the maximum effort when it was their time to spin in the cycle.... We were a little bit more of the bug than the windshield this year, but that happens.

Great job by SCC and Can-Am this year! Congrats!

I took a picture of our car at the end of the race.... More for marketing than anything else - but here's a picture of the CG car...

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 am

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Christian

I will certainly keep my eyes open for a team looking for an extra driver for next year. And I also believe us meeting in person is long overdue: we must "know" each other electronically for what: 5 years now? And still we have not met! My wife and I are seriously looking at visiting the Maritimes later this year: if that works out we will DEFINITELY stop in Quebec City!

I met Mike and a bunch of the guys probably about three years ago while I was in Detroit on business. Great bunch of guys with whom I would like to renew contact.

Dennis and I were team mates in the Tacoma 24 Hour and really got along very well indeed. The stress of a 24 hour race tends to magnify things: if you get along well you typically come out the other side even better friends, but the converse could happen as well I suppose! In our case, sharing a common origin likely played a part in the friendship. It is very kind of him to say nice things about me: a good man. But maybe you would come to a different conclusion after having to suffer under what passes as my sense of humour for some time...

Cheers

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum