[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New SlorCar manufacturer available soon

New SlorCar manufacturer available soon

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Re: New SlorCar manufacturer available soon

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:23 am

Alwyn, I will take car of it.
Thanks
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:42 am

Here are photos of our pre-production prototype that we received the other day...

We have not had a chance to put it through it's paces yet, but it looks like a quality product with an NSR flavour...

A full review will be in our third issue...

All the best...

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CatRacer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Any idea if that chassis will fit under the Fly classic Lola body?
CatRacer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:01 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks to everyone who purchased a new Thunderslot from us. I have already shipped your cars so as soon as I receive the missing part I will ship them out at no charge to you.
"Per our U.S. Distributor (Great Traditions), the first batch of Lola T70's they received should have included the rear motor mount bracket (note: this is NOT a full suspension - that is a separate optional part). Unfortunately it was left out during the final (factory) packaging. Our U.S. Distributor will be placing another order with the factory within the next day or two. Going foward, all Lola T70's will have the rear motor mount bracket included. Thunder Slot will also be sending our distributor extra motor brackets - they will be provided to all Great Traditions dealers free of charge. Once we receive the rear motor mount brackets, we will forward them to any of our customers (free of charge) who have purchased the Lola T70's. Great Traditions expects to receive the next batch of Lola T70's and the extra motor brackets in about 10 days. Figure another 2 or 3 days for their dealers to receive them."
Regards
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Great news Mike, thank you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:54 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Unfortunately I will have to pick up the shipping. I feel it is a small price to pay to make sure my customers get what they need to make their products work to there full potential. It is the cost of doing business I guess. As for the flag it is kinda crazy looking I now want to see if it has any advantage. I guess we will all know when someone does a review.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Hats off to you for what you do.

Review almost finished. Of course guys have been reading about them for awhile, but I like it. Burning the midnight oil tonight testing/more/photos/etc...
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

First impressions

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:47 pm

I received my Thunder Slot Lola today: thanks Mike!

Unfortunately I do not have my own track so running impressions will have to wait until Friday evening at our regular races. Some first impressions:

* As others have noted, dimension-wise Thunder Slot have taken some liberties. Not as bad as the NSR Mosler but still pretty noticeable. It is obviously shorter and lower than it should be.
* As a model (shape, finish), the car looks pretty good. Not comparable with the best of the best but generally pretty good. I am satisfied. Unlike Goosenapper I found mine to have a very good, shiny finish.
* Similar to the approach with the dimensions, the body is clearly meant for racing as it is very thin and light.
* Another indication of its racing aspirations: the wheels are small and the car is VERY low to the ground. Ground clearance is minimal.
* I consider it a great pity that they have gone for unique wheel dimensions (with the very low rib). It is not clear to me why they would have done that as it is hard to see any benefit and it does make using generally available aftermarket tyres impossible.
* From visual and tactile inspection, the tyres seem very NSR Supergrip-like. I will be running the car with unglued and untrued tyres on Friday: will have to see how it goes.
* I know that people have different takes on this and I am familiar with the arguments for this, but I am unconvinced as to the value of "air rims". Because of the fact that these are air rims and because of the oddball size I intend replacing the rear wheels with CB Design insert wheels and urethane tyres. Note that the inserts are a direct fit in 15" CB Design wheels.
* The chassis is of the softest I have EVER seen on a modern plastic RTR car. Whether this is a plus or a minus remains to be seen. I am naturally a bit skeptical for use on wood but I will reserve judgement until I have run the car.
* Likewise the pod is extremely soft: comments as per the chassis. I fear the car may hop....
* The net result of the thin body, chassis and pod is a very light car: 63.6g for the car I received. Whether this is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen.
* Others have commented on the absence of the rear "strap" to better control the rear of the pod. While it has been stated that the manufacturer (and the sellers: thanks Mike!) will be providing this part, I think the original call to treat this as optional is questionable, particularly because of the softness of the chassis and pod. I must say that if it were up to me I would rather have left out the middle set of screws and plastic "nuts" that go into the "outriggers".
* Others have commented on the mix of hex and Torx screws. In principle this is no different than the common mix of Phillips & hex I suppose. I am fortunate enough to have the right size Torx wrench as I have Black Arrow cars. Torx heads are vastly superior to Phillips so I am OK with that.
* Plastic front wheels and gears: another one that I am somewhat neutral over. If the wheels are round and the gears mesh well and are durable I am OK with it. How much money did it save? Not sure. But I must say if I had my druthers I would have preferred metal.
* I like the ability to adjust the body height with (not included) grub screws. Because these are really optional plus I am sure we all have numerous 2mm grub screws, the absence is no biggy for me.
* I also very much like the adjustable front axle height: this I think is essential in any slot car with performance aspirations.

So overall I consider it an interesting and valuable addition to the range of cars available. As for performance: the proof of the pudding as always will be in the eating. I am looking forward to running the car on Friday!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:49 am

Hi Alwyn,

Great observations as I contemplate my next purchase.

Looking forward to seeing your driving impressions on Luf's Big Targa.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 am

Good feedback.

You guys can post in the review thread, it would be easier for people to read all the multiple feedback in one thread. The various reports are what makes it priceless info.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:52 am

Have the missing parts reached dealers yet? We're passed the initial estimated timeframe and an update would be great. Thanks!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:52 am

Yes, replacement parts are now available.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

PreviousNext

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum