[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I-75 Orange Barrel Series - October 2016 Rules

I-75 Orange Barrel Series - October 2016 Rules

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

I-75 Orange Barrel Series - October 2016 Rules

Postby GPCruisr » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:25 pm

GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: I-75 Orange Barrel Series - October 2016 Rules

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks Matt.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Yeah, thanks Matt.

Can't wait.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Since the race is Group 5 Sideways brand only (any Sideways Group 5)...

What is the rule for being able to run a different car at each track?

M1 at Butch's and Lanica at Cloverleaf?

Thanks
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:46 pm

GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:58 pm

I guess I should start to get serious about this build. Too many distractions in the summer months!
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks Matt,

Can we add using the same car for both races into the written rules and then are we going to quarantine the cars from the 2nd until the 29th?

I would think we would be able to then work on the cars (change parts as needed) on the 29th, but we should also look to get that into the rules also...
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:44 am

I personally think you should be able to work on your cars between race's. What works on one may not work on the other. Also if something breaks you should be able to fix it.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:13 am

Well this proposes a bit of a dilemma...... working on the cars between races is in direct contrast to using the same car on each track. Once you start making changes like pods, configuration, tires, gearing, etc. (because what works on one track may not work on the other) it wouldn't really be the same car (other than the body).

So....what's more important? Ensuring the cars are identical between races or having the best prepped car for each track?
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:28 am

Maybe gets Butch's two cents on this also....

We can view this as a proxy type race, same car same set-up both tracks....or like race teams going to different tracks, complete new set-up at each track....

We can also discuss it further tomorrow night, but the tracks are quite a bit different....
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Budslots » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Here are my thoughts as one of the Cincy Guys

1: I don't want to run the same tires and setup at both tracks. For one we are going to setup our car(s) for Butch's track to kick your Butts :lol: !!!! So I know when we get to your track our car will be most likely be junk and I would rather have a good car (that is track tuned) than drive up to Michigan and have an awful car we can't make wholesale changes too. That is just not fun to me. I am sure you all will set your cars up to the store track and sacrifice Butch's track for the opportunity to hand us our butts at your home track. There is no way we can give each other our best shot at good racing at either location which is why we are doing this right? Plus some of you have run Butch's track. We have never run at the Michigan store track.

2: I am for using the same body and car make. But you can change anything else between races. Tires, pod, chassis, motor, gears, weight, etc.

Why would we want the same tires & setup at both races? Proxies are run that way and the reason those are run that way is because I am not traveling with the car.
Budslots

Postby cj74 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Having driven both tracks I believe being able to work on the car in between is required. I don't know how extreme we need to get, but I am certain the same set up can't be used and be competitive on both tracks.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 pm

I am all for working on the cars in between...

I would prefer the option to run different cars, we should all have a stable of Group 5 Sideways cars....

We should be running our best possible cars at either track... Not sure which car runs best at Butch's and working to find out which one runs best at the Cloverleaf Store...

Aside from that let's set the rules and have fun!!!!!!
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Ok that settles it. You can run two totally different cars at each track. We are running two different races so you can run whatever works best for you.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:44 pm

GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum