[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scaleauto 1/24 12 Hour enduro has started

Scaleauto 1/24 12 Hour enduro has started

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Scaleauto 1/24 12 Hour enduro has started

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:29 am

The Michigan 12 Hour enduro Scaleauto race has begun. We have 4 teams at the event for this race. Teams Can am had a slight problem with their rear tire coming off a couple times and the Cincinnati Slot rods lost a braid early but it seems like things are alright now for the teams. All of the cars are very close in the way of speed and handling this race will come down to who keeps the car on the track and running. I will try to get pictures up soon, I have to go in now.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scaleauto 1/24 12 Hour enduro has started

Postby GPCruisr » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:49 am

Good luck, racers. I wish I could have been there. I'm sure it's gonna be a great race.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Look forward in those photos and the action. Good luck all teams.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Results after two heats. A few mechanical problems but most of the cars are running great.
Dum Dums 1713
Cinncy 1653
CLR 1647
Can Am 1554
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:50 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks Harry.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:45 pm

A GREAT time as always!!! Thanks Mike! Scaleauto 1/24 cars are awesome. All 4 teams built some very good cars. If you take the problems that the teams had at the beginning of the race out,it was a very close race. This was the 1st endurance race for the 1/24 Quick Slicks.i heard from Dave this afternoon with the tire wear on our car. .009 on the left side & .004 on the right. With no taper. We ran laps of 7.8 to 8.3 all 12 hrs.!!! You sure can't ask for a better tire!
The track,food & mostly the friends at these events are second to none!!! Thanks everyone !!! :auto-driving:
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:06 pm

I have to second Rob's comments. The racing is fun, but the people is what make the day/night even better! Here's to hoping we do it again next year!

Somehow I got roped into posting results. I apologize that they aren't formatted the best, but I wanted to get them up relatively quickly.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:55 pm

I would like to start by saying thanks to everyone that took the time to come out and race. This was our first race using our Quick Slicks 1/24 tires. We have done extensive testing on our 1/32nd tires but have not really had a chance to put our 1/24th tires. I will say they went well beyond anything I could have expected or asked for. Since this was really the first endurance race we have done with these cars I learned a lot and things I will change next time. Thanks to Corey for getting up the results.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Fun times. Congrats to all, looks like you pulled off a great event. Nice to hear tire options for the 1/24 models too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Looks like a successful event! Thanks for sharing the details!
Have to see if I can't get a SE Ohio team together for one of these events some time in the future! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Secret Squirrel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 am

This race was a really great event. You take away the little issues in the begining of this race, and the field would have been even tighter then it was. This really felt like racing to me, because if you had a problem or you took the car off the track, it was costing you. Laps where hard to make up on your opponents which means it was a nailbiter for 12 hours. These cars are such fun to drive and with KISS in place it really was anyones race to win. At the begining of the race, there was some noticable speed and handling differences in the cars, but towards the end they all looked pretty equal. If we started the race again after 12 hours, it really would have been anyones race, so I would say the next time (hint hint hint), I think the field will be tighter as everyone learned something about this cars this time around.

No question though, that the Detroit Dum-Dums car was first class in the field. They had a flyer from the start along with some excellent drivers. Congradulations to you guys for your win. Team Clover Leaf had a pretty solid car all through the race and if you take away their 2 problems, it would have been even tighter fight for 2nd. CanAm had a really rough start to the event, with a tire falling off on the opening lap, along with a car that just was not happy in the begining, to a car that was really flying at the end. Our team featured Butch and myself from the Cincy Slot Rods and we picked up 2 others, Brad and Richard. Both our stand in's where solid drivers and to come in with little to no experience on Mike's track and never running a scaleauto 1/24 before, they did an excellent job.

Great event, great people, what else can you say, hmmm 24hrs with these next year??????

Steve
Secret Squirrel

Postby Dave.616 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Thanks Mike for putting this race on and all that Cloverleaf does. For Cloverleaf & SCC for making a
Great tire wow we ran the same pair the whole race. Thanks to Wizz for asking me to be on the DDD team & my teamates Rob, Amy, Art, great race. To all those that raced we had a good time. Sorry Dave W. for nerfing you a few times. To all the car builders good job, all the cars made it to the end!
Thank you Rob for letting us use your BMW :auto-checkeredflag:
Dave.616

Postby cj74 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:52 pm

I've had a few requests for a copy of the results file. The file I have includes lap totals only. I had to guess which heats in the first segment missed laps. I compared to the results from the later segments as a guide. All other missed laps should be accurate as they were captured/recorded after each heat.

First attempt at sharing a file on the forum. Hopefully it works.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6xaNJ ... sp=sharing

Link now updated to the correct file.
Last edited by cj74 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum