[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Racers Giving Back

Slot Car Racers Giving Back

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Re: Slot Car Racers Giving Back

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:06 pm

I just wanted to let anyone who wanted to get into the raffle that you only have one day left, unless you attend the race or our store. You can still purchase Michigan 24 hour stuff you will jut not be able to get in the raffle all of the proceeds will still go to charity. I also would like to thank all of the people who have already contributed so far.
Thanks
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:10 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

PayPal sent for tickets.. just in under the wire :)

Thanks for the great stuff you guys are doing! Enjoy the racing action~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Only hours left!!! Just got word from Mark from the Georgia team. He will be donating a New Scaleauto Radical from his collection! Thank you sir! This year donations are a Record breaker itself! We have to be around 60 prizes to be giving away! Get your tickets NOW! :auto-driving:
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 am

Team Slot Car Corner's share of the money raised for the Shriners Hospital for Children is $230.00. With our matching $100.00 donation, we mailed a check this morning for $330.00!!! A big THANK YOU for the HRW community for your generous support! We plan to do this again next year!!

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 pm

I'll tell ya, Mark, there are a lot of guys trying to get stuff wrapped up from the event. At the end of a pretty grueling 36 hours or so, we had a raffle with a whole lot of stuff, and everybody was just trying to get out of there, get on the road, get home, go to sleep, whatever. The logistics were pretty tough, and I'm betting that there's still a lot of recovery going on. The donations were small last year, this is really the first time they've done anything of this magnitude. I'm sure they'll improve on the processes for next year, but for now, I'm just thrilled they could do what they did this year. :clap:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the feedback. As Kurt mentioned, it's tough for participants to post updates about the event once it begins. Rob, the raffle organizer, was busy with last minute raffle ticket sales, actually racing in the event, marshaling for his team, helping out the Atlanta team who had a sick racer, etc.. Once this event starts, participants have virtually zero down time for 36 hours and then are dead tired. In retrospect, Rob probably stretched himself a bit too thin; however, it's hard to find fault with someone whose heart is in the right place. Hopefully raffle participants will give Rob just a little more time to post raffle winners.

That said, I do have a partial list of raffle winners - these are just for the items donated by SCC and SCCC.

1)Steveew HRW $25 SCC gift certificate
2) Dave Z Fumey Fly Corvette Speedvision #98
3) Beslotted. HRW. Piranha motor & SCCC bushings
4) Junior HRW Tom. CBD Wheels & SCCC bushings
5) Mark Ryan CBD Wheels & bushings
6) Mark Henderson SCC lube kit, spacers & SCC hat
7) Dan Dyke HRW. Quick Slicks Banner
8) Art Roberts. Cloverleaf. SCC banner
9) Smokieo. CBD Wheels, I gave him his bushings
10) Mark from Georgia. CBD Wheels. I gave him his bushings
11) Adam Piranha banner. You could send it to Mike. He sees Adam a lot.
12) Smokieo. SCC set-up block
13) James. Scalextric Maserti #42. You can send it to mike. Raced on your team
14) Pascal. Piranha motor I gave him his bushings
15) Pascal. Carrera VW group 5
16) Mike. Cloverleaf. SCC lube kit, spacers & hat. HA. HA I think he has enough of this stuff
17) Steve SCC lube kit, spacers & hat. Send to mike, he races at the store, on the Cincy team.

We'll have to wait for Rob, the raffle organizer, to post the complete list.

As Kurt also mentioned, more timely updates about the event, raffle, etc. is an area where we can improve. One of the ideas we have kicked around is having a volunteer focus exclusively on live event updates throughout the actual event. This would be a non-racer - someone who is basically the eyes and ears for online forum members following the event. Pittsburgh is note that far from Fenton, MI (hint, hint...).

We are also looking at ways to streamline posting raffle results. Instead of waiting until the end of the event to "manually" select prize winners, we might have the computer pick the winners and then post the winning ticket numbers. This could be done once the cutoff for raffle ticket sales ends and before the end of the event.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Mark , I did reply to you as soon as I got home from work, sorry if that was a little slow.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Steve, I passed my SCC raffle winnings to Team Cinci - please contact Greg or Eric for the wheels of their choosing.
Mark

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Hello Mark,

Will do. Thank you.
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Wicked Mini » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:39 am

I know there are guys out there that like to keep abreast of what's happening via this forum. The MI 24 is no different; people want to know who's entered, what cars are running, what are the lap times, etc. Unfortunately we don't have any one dedicated to this task. Fumey couldn't understand why we couldn't do this until he attended this year. He realized that there is just too much going on to post updates in a timely manner. That is why we try to present a video of the event, and though it's not timely, it does document the race.

This year we were fortunate to have a dedicated team of two lovely women provide food for everyone. That is a full time job. It would be nice to have a dedicated race coordinator, a reporter and a bathroom attendant. If anyone would like to volunteer for next year please contact Mike at Cloverleaf.

We do our best; we appreciate the enthusiasm our event generates. We welcome the comments and will try our best to incorporate them into next year’s race.
Wicked Mini
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wicked Mini » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:39 am

Evidently some of my comments were misinterpreted. All I meant to say is a 24 hour race is not something that is thrown together; it takes a lot of planning and work. Inadvertently things get overlooked, things that one may not even consider, such as having dry hand towels available in the bathroom. All I meant to say is it would be nice to have someone attend to those things that get overlooked. It can be a thankless job – which is why I publicly wanted to thank the two women who provided the food. It takes more than racers to put on an event of this order. I apologize for any remarks that may have been misconstrued.
Wicked Mini
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:42 am

I was told that I could visit and help janitor. I can hold the towels and wipe Dickie's forehead when needed.
It does take a lot of work. I fully understand.

No event this large goes without a few hiccups. It happens. Overall looks like a job well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wicked Mini » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 am

Harry, you're welcomed anytime! We may have to put your talents to use in other areas - I understand you make a mean burger! We have local racers that come out on Friday for the test and tune and also on Saturday and Sunday during the race and they are always amazed at the level of activity and impressed by the magnitude of the event. Mike and Steve should be proud of their effotrs. Thanks again!
Wicked Mini
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:56 pm

I just wanted to thank all the people who donated prizes for the raffle.
I received my SRC Capri from S.C.C Canada via Cloverleaf Racing.
I also used my S.C.C gift certificate.

Thanks again,
Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum