[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCC 73 RSR IROC Proxy Round 4 at BSMS -RESULTS- page 3

SCC 73 RSR IROC Proxy Round 4 at BSMS -RESULTS- page 3

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

SCC 73 RSR IROC Proxy Round 4 at BSMS -RESULTS- page 3

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:04 am

Last edited by turbokev on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCC 73 Porsche RSR IROC Proxy Round 4 at BSMS in NH

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:14 am

Cool Kev!! You should have the email on the sheets. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Oh No Jeremy :oops:

It looked like someone had already tried to hot glue it as well..
I can undo it easily enough if you like? It seemed 'broken' to me, but
sometimes floppy is better.. (Did I really just say that) :lol:

Want me to run qual the way it is? and if it is a dog undo it for the race?
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:30 pm

This is already shaping up to be a funny one. I love the idea of people fixing Jeremy's car so it doesn't do what he wanted it to do. That's hilarious. But keeping the work of art building off the track while this is going on is even more hilarious!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 pm

I think I have Ustream figured out for my iPhone...

I just created a channel and tested it and it appears to work.

Here's the channel:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bsms

Never tried this before.. we'll see how it goes..
There is a long delay.. like 53 seconds from me saying something, till it does that on the channel.
It also says BSMS is in Needham MA, must be where the Comcast feed is.

I'm going to head downstairs and run Q1 attempting to stream it at 5pm eastern..
Forgive me if I can't reply to text chat.. not sure I'll even be able to see it while broadcasting, as it's
using the camera on my iPhone, and Im not sure I'll be able to have a working PC close by..

Here's goes nothing :lol:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Q1 session is complete!

I saved it and it appears to work on the Ustream channel.

Here are the results from Q1.. (Q2 will be run later tonight)

6.610 - Car #1
6.676 - Car #4
6.719 - Car #6
6.776 - Car #2
6.894 - Car #7
6.991 - Car #3
7.019 - Car #10
7.054 - Car #5
7.101 - Car #8
7.148 - Cars #9 and #12

Will be interesting to see of anyone moves up the grid in the cooler
temps later tonight..

Till then... Kev
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Sorry I missed the live broadcast - but loved watching the recorded version of it! (Thank you for saving / posting a link to that!)
The RSR's definitely look at home zipping around there - looking forward to seeing how round two of the qualifying goes! :D
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 pm

10 pm eastern tonight will be Q2

I'll make sure there is plenty of notice for the actual race when that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Nothing like live coverage! :D Thanks for broadcasting both rounds! (Actually getting to watch round two now! :) )
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 pm

OK.. Q2 is over and all cars but 1 improved their times..

Car # Q1 Q2
1 - 6.610 6.646
2 - 6.776 6.691
3 - 6.991 6.989
4 - 6.676 6.637
5 - 7.054 7.040
6 - 6.719 6.595
7 - 6.894 6.785
8 - 7.101 6.902
9 - 7.148 7.030
10 - 7.019 6.916
12 - 7.148 7.028

So the final results for round 4 qualifying are as follows..

6.595 Car #6
6.610 Car #1
6.637 Car #4
6.691 Car #2
6.785 Car #7
6.902 Car #8
6.916 Car #10
6.989 Car #3
7.028 Car #12
7.030 Car #9
7.040 Car #5

Dickies car and Todds car were both easy to drive smoothly..
Fumeys was tougher, but it was fast.

Had fun driving them all.. sorry it was thrown together on short notice..
Glad I figured out streaming though.. Will have live coverage of the actual race.

Cooper will be helping me out with that.. Each car will be run in 2 lanes..
Cooper will drive them all in the white lane, and I'll drive them all in the red lane.
Won't be head to head..don't want the squeeze to interfere.
Each car will be run for 2 minutes of time in each of those lanes.. Total distance
of both lanes in laps + feet will determine finishing positions..

For 'offs' we'll be using track call buttons.. 1 second penalty built in, car will go
back on where it went off. Since my track is against a wall on 2 sides, marshalling
a car that's off could take 1 second, could take 20 seconds.. In the interest of fairness,
the track call buttons will level that situation should it arise..

OK, that's it for now.. I'll post race date and scheduled time with at least a couple days
notice in case you want to tune in.. Will have more camera angles etc for the race as
there will be 2 of us.. Looking forward to race day~!
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fumey » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Great job!Thanks !
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 am

Thanks for the Q-run Kev. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:05 am

Kev -
Was great watching the second round both from an "action" stand point and also from the commentary describing how the cars were doing.
Looking forward to seeing the "racing" portion!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby turbokev » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:58 am

With a little help from Cooper this morning, we ran a couple Trans Am cars that turn laps
in the 6.4 to 6.7 range and by using the 'behind' feature on Trakmate we were able to
figure out a distance on the track that equaled just under .500 at speed..

Then based on that, I lined up the cars spacing them relatively close to where they would
be when the lead qualifier crossed the line..

It's just a 0.445 spread for the entire field.. Definitely cool..

Jeremy.. just as an FYI and for all to know, I undid the glue and ran your car for 20+ laps with the looser chassis
as a curiosity and I never went faster than the 7.040 that the car ran in qualifying.. it was almost a tenth off.
I can leave it loose as designed, or I can put a dab o' glue back.. your call~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!