[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCC 73 IROC Proxy Round 3 @ SCC

SCC 73 IROC Proxy Round 3 @ SCC

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

SCC 73 IROC Proxy Round 3 @ SCC

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:23 am

Received a good sized box from Bibbster this past Saturday. My guess is it's full of Pooches... :D

Have started rounding up some local drivers, and they're looking forward to racing these cars.

We are going to run them on the 17th, Sunday evening. Results will be posted sometime Monday morning.

We won't have any live feed. We might have updates as we go. But rest assured there will be pics :dance:

Thanks to everyone involved for allowing us to run your cars :auto-driving:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Re: SCC 73 IROC Proxy Round 3 @ SCC

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:28 am

Sweet deal! Won't be long before we get our next fix! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:26 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:39 am

Gentlemen,
I opened the box today. I must say these cars look good. REALLY GOOD!!! Y'all should be proud of what you've done here :banana-dance:

However, there is a couple issues I want to point out. On JESIV's car, one of the tail pipes if ready to fall off. Is it ok to glue back on with Goop?
ANd StudioRS's car, the car was wrapped in paper. Apparently during shipping it must have been hot, or the paint hasn't properly cured all the way. Anyways, some paper has stuck to the roof when I unwrapped it. I "think" I can wash it off, but wanted to check with Thompson first as to what to do.

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby JESIV » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 am

Yes please and thank you…glue away.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 am

You can try washing the paper off. Silly Krylon clear, I was one of the first to paint this thing and it still is not cured!?! No wonder its so s-l-o-w, the sticky paint is causing excessive drag :lol:

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:48 am

Not to worry, the RSR is acquiring official racing marks :dance: Should be an easy fix, wet sand and reshoot with Krylon clear at the end of all the races, then let it dry for a year in the sun!
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Good attitudes around these parts.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fumey » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 pm

I assume Chuck Norris made it ? He said he was gonna karate kick his Porsche from track to track - said it was faster that way ...
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 am

Fumey, Chuck didn't make it, but I'll be more than happy to kick your Porsche around if you want me to... :lol:

Update on Jesiv's and studioRS's cars...

Exhaust pipe has been repaired...

And while the "paper" did wash off, there is still some evidence something isn't right...

But hey... From a distance, it looks much better than having a white dot on the roof. Should look just fine racing around the track... :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:52 pm

We had 6 racers turn out earlier this evening, and we got the race done. I'll be posting the results between now and Monday morning (have to build a bit of suspense, ya know :D ).

I start with posting the Q results of the 11 cars. Wait, did I say 11 cars? Yep, sure did... Although late to the party, I was able to get my entry done in time for this race...

So here's the line up for this race...

The cars #'s were put into the Trackmate program, then randomly set for the qualifying. Cars were run by me for 15 laps each. Here are the best laptimes I got with each car.

1st - #1 - Fumey --- 8.050
2nd - #4 - TuscoTodd --- 8.093
3rd - #6 - Dungeonracer --- 8.207
4th - #2 - SRQSlotter --- 8.267
5th - #8 - StudioRS --- 8.321
6th - #5 - Bibbster --- 8.412
7th - #7 - TurboKev and # 10 - Sadco - both ran 8.457
9th - #12 - ShotgunDave --- 8.509
10th - #3 - Jesiv --- 8.595
11th - #9 - Waytoomuch - 8.850

So it appears that Fumey and TuscoTodd have the field covered, but would that hold up during the race with 5 other drivers running them?

When the drivers arrived, they thought the cars were very cool. They were impressed how well the cars looked, and how well they represented the actual cars back then (well, those of us that are old enough to remember them :lol: )

We decided with 6 drivers, we would run 3 lanes. We split the drivers into 2 groups of 3 each. The first group would run the cars for 4 minutes each, then the 2nd group would run them again for 4 minutes each. Thus, each car would get a total of 24 minutes of run time before determining an overall winner. Hey, these Porsches were designed for endurance racing, right? ;)

I have the results of the first round shortly. Gotta upload some pics to photobucket now... (ie-gotta have suspense :P )
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Allow me to introduce the drivers...
From L to R... Claudio, Bob and Josh...

Jonathan...

And Cliff (sixtiesracer)

And ughhh... I forgot to take a selfie, so no pic of me.... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Did you run warmup laps before qualifying? For some reason #9 needs about 10 laps before it starts running properly. Never did figure that out, but its been the case on every track it has run on. At Dave's track, it was a slug in qualifying, and won the first race. When it gets home, I may take it apart and figure this out.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Dickie glad you got your car done. 8-) I got you all added in on the spreadsheet man. Should be good to go now. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:33 pm

The results of the 1st round that had Jonathan, Cliff and Claudio has drivers...
Remember, these are NOT the final results. Just the 1st round of 2...

-- entry -----------laps - best lap
1-Fumey -------- 78.45 - 8.306
2-SRQ ----------- 78.10 - 8.433
3-TuscoTodd --- 77.70 - 8.291
4-Dungeon ------ 76.65 - 8.480
5-StudioRS------- 75.75 - 8.526
6-Bibbster ------- 75.55 - 8.641
7-Jesiv ----------- 75.50 - 8.604
8-Sadco ---------- 74.15 - 8.440
9-TurboKev ----- 73.45 - 8.725
10-Waytoo ------- 55.00* - 8.905
11-Shotgun ------ 53.00* - 8.867

*Shotgun's body came loose from the chassis mounts. We had to reglue the mounts back to the body and let sit for the glue to dry for the remainder of the round. It would run in the 2nd round.
Waytoo's guide post on the guide snapped off, and we had to retire the car for the remainder of the race. I have a spare guide and will replace before sending onto TurboKev's race.

SRQ was able to sneak in between Fumey and Tusco Todd, but can he keep the pressure on in the 2nd round? Find out later on this morning.... :D

Meantime, here's some random shots you can enjoy ...

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!