[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy) - Race #2!

The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy) - Race #2!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy) - Race

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:27 am

Next review additions will be later tonight!
Thanks!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Burrell » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:22 am

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby reek455 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks for the run in what looks to be a pretty close race. Congrats to those on the podium. Like I previously stated, different venues will produce different results.

Regards
Rico
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Nice Job guys :text-thankyouyellow: !! Looks like a lot of fun. Interesting finishes for some of those top cars.

Mine is running right about where I expected it to be based on the overall design.

I notice the wing is missing in the overall shots. Has it disappeared or did it just come off while racing? It had a real tendency to want to leave the car while I was setting it up and I had to reglue it several times.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Burrell - I was hoping that all of us might benefit in one way or another by putting all of the data up there. I am hoping that when the cars get to Florida, Rusty can also add weight balance and rear wheel rpm data like he did for the Maverick Proxy as well. :)

Reek455 - Definitely interesting to see how things are shaking out!

Ventura Alfa - the wing will be in the pictures I post with the summaries - it was off in the box when it got here to Ohio and I ran it without the wing (same for a couple of the other cars) I had planned to drop you a line to see if you wanted it glued on - or not.
Just let me know. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby arroldn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks for the update information and race results. Good pictures and indepth reporting. Glad to see I have moved up to 2nd overall. Hopefully it will do the same on other tracks.

Congratulations to all the podium finishers. Just glad to make into that grouping. Man how things were shaken up in this round. Looking to see your report for my car. Lead is in the front magnet pocket pocket. Just in case you were like, UM its heavy but where is the lead!
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Fabulous feedback being given here. This proxy is definitely being run in the right spirit. Thank you.

It's amazing how secretive some folk seem to get about what's been done to their proxy cars. Never understood it.

Thanks for the info about my tyres. I'm sure I'd glued them. But, I do know I was trying a new tyre glue, black flexible cyano. Not sure if it may have peeled from the rim or if I simply forgot to do the front. Ah well.

Every day is a learning day.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Glad everyone is enjoying the pics and feedback!
I never understood the "secretive" types with their proxy cars either Ember - and with this being a "beginner's" proxy - I thought the more info that could be shared the better all of will be at tuning these cars going forward! :)

Coming up shortly #4 qualifier - Manchvegasracer! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Next up - ManchVegasRacer's Porsche GT3 RSR!

Now lets look under and inside! :)

I believe the only weight that has been added, has been added in a very slick manner! It has been placed in the screw in insert that normally holds the rear magnet (see the red arrow showing the adhesive backing visible through the slots)

Summary of impressions from the driver's, post race inspection, etc:
Strong runner! Second quickest acceleration of the group! Nice and smooth, with the rear tires really planted - a little more difficult to drive near the edge as it was more prone to tipping than drifting if "pushed".

On the chassis:
As noted above - the minor bit of lead that was added was added extremely low in the chassis right in front of rear axle, helping to keep the car planted in the corners.
On the chassis screws, it appears as though the holes were partially filled with glue, allowing a nice snug purchase on the threads and creating an artificial "bottom" to the holes. This allowed the screws to have the same effect as being left loose, without the danger of the them bottoming out. Very slick as it gives the body a lot of freedom of movement!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Next up - Reek455's Corvette C6R!

The weight added to the chassis can be seen directly behind the front axle centered between the wheels and in the rear, with a small piece in front of each rear wheel.

Excellent traction - rear really planted, smooth and predictable up to the point of breaking traction, at which point, it tended to hop and deslot, verses drift. The car has good top speed and a favorite among a number of the drivers.

On the chassis:
The body mount screws were set fairly loose per directions included with the submission, making for good freedom of movement between the body/chassis.
The directional switch was left in with this build. (this may may be the only submission that retained it!)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby baford1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Wow the amount of information on these cars is great as is the pics this is a nice looking field of cars I am starting to learn a lot of how a car
should be set up lessons for next time , really thought that where ManchVegasRacer's Porsche GT3 RSR put his weight was really smart well done ,
looking very much forward to the rest of the racing

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Next up - Arroldn's Ferrari 575 GTC!

The weight added to the chassis can be seen on the picture showing the bottom of the chassis - as the weight has been placed in the area that used to house the magnet assembly. No other weight present.

Smooth running car with lots of brake! Very easy to drive quickly - a bit more forgiving than some as it would drift slightly before trying to deslot, if pushed "past the line" so to speak.

On the chassis:
As can be noted in the pictures, the chassis has been relieved on the sides to promote body float.
The screw pockets appear to have been "tightened up" using glue - making fora strong grip on the threads. (even with the rear screws being run at two turns loose!) :)
Also worth noting is the use of hot glue(?) to secure not only the motor, but also the guide wires.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Next up - my (TuscoTodd) Ferrari 458 GT2!

The weight added to the chassis can be seen under the front axle, in the middle area and finally, on top of the motor.

VERY loose - but easy to drive / drift around the corners. :)
If driven with just a light drift, the car was pretty quick!

On the chassis:
The body is run with the screws snug - not loose.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby arroldn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 am

Looks like I had room to lower the body from this picture. Didn't seem to get that perspective from my setup block. Thanks for the pictures and information.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 am

Arroldn -
It never ceases to amaze me the things that show up in a photo that are not readily apparent when looking at a car.
Glad the photos / info are of use. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!