[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8 In Da Books.

RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8 In Da Books.

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:47 am

Okay guys since the old Hot Rods have had a long hard road. And issues with Jeremy's car. After running them and not liking what I seen or heard on a few I decided to check them over pretty good. Everybody was contacted if there was any major issues. If it was something simple I just fixed it. So here is what was done.

Bibbster: Looked his car over to see if I could find a reason it’s been chewing up crowns. And could see nothing obvious. But the tire issue that was pretty obvious. Hard to believe it went this long before being seen. Put shim back under rear mount so tires would clear. Trued tires to remove grooves from the tire rub. Cut out the spoiler so the leads wouldn’t keep the guide from turning. And tightened the guide screw.

ShotgunDave: Running his car I was hearing a chatter that wasn’t coming from the tires. After looking I seen the axle had quite a bit of play. Took the axle out to see if it was the axle or the bushings. Come to find that the axle was over .010 undersize. Hmmm :D . Causing gear chatter I figure. So to not have another issue with a gear I replaced the axle. And that eliminated the chatter. Also tightened up his guide screw.

TuscoTodd: Put Todd’s car on the track to give it a test run. Went about two inches. After looking to make sure a lead wasn’t loose put it back on and could see some sparks from the motor. Put it on my little power supply and turned it on and some smoke came from the brush end. So I took some CRC contact cleaner and give it couple quick shots and a little air to clean it out. Stuck it back on the track and it ran fine. Hopefully it was just some crud build up.

Filsautobody: His car had a serious tire rubbing also. Took his body off and adjusted his screws for his body. It helped but there was still some rubbing. Ended up having to put a shim between body and chassis on one side at the mounting screw. Tightened his guide up too.

Turbokev: His car needed the guide tightened up and the pod was very loose. Contacted Kevin to see what he had set the screws at. Reset his screws but the body is glued to chassis so guide is still loose.

Austin: Has a very loose guide but unable to tighten it up do to body doesn’t come off.

HRW/RMS: Needed there guide screw tightened.

APalmer: Had a loose guide also. Tightened it up some but I didn’t like the way it felt as I was turning the nut so I stopped. Afraid of stripping it. Is better though.

DixonJohn: Has a little movement in the guide nothing to bad. So I left it that way reason being the commercial guide like AP’s.

ListerStormGT: No Issues.

SRQSloter: No Issues.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:28 am

Thank you for taking the time to diagnose the issue with mine and giving her some TLC Rusty! I definitely appreciate it!
Hopefully the contact cleaner has her right as rain again. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Here's your pics.

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Great pics Rusty! The Mavs look like they are chomping at the bit to start laying down some rubber! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for the test info - very scientific!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8 LIVE Q

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:55 am

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:30 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks again for broadcasting the qualifying Rusty!
Still pretty wild that there was a TIE when the times go out three digits!!!
Looking forward to next Sunday's action! :D
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby DixonJohn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks for going thru my car. I figuered the guide flag would start to loosen up. The car is just a parts box car. The hole for the guide flag is a bit sloppy. Just run like you stole it!!!
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Your welcome guys!!

John, Will do man.

Next Sunday will be interesting. Switching directions and me trying to focus for about 5 minutes each run. That's about how long it takes to do 25 laps. 82 feet and tight. :D

:handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby APalmer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:36 am

"APalmer: Had a loose guide also. Tightened it up some but I didn’t like the way it felt as I was turning the nut so I stopped. Afraid of stripping it. Is better though."

Thanks for the once over, if a twice or thrice over is needed and your bored please feel free... pretty sure you can only make it a better car. :) The guide flag is a parma flag stuffed into a stock hole. :auto-layrubber:
APalmer

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:23 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby APalmer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:35 pm

shucks..... worth a shot...
Yes thats what those flags are for, but i didnt like the way the stock flag sat and how much slop it had in the slot with the maverick. So i changed it out.
APalmer

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:54 pm

Hear is a curiosity question - do Paul Gage tires get harder with heat?
I am wonder if that is why my PGT's on the Carrera Ferrari are as "loose" as they are... the car was stuck and tippy before truing the tires, after truing, she is tail out loose. I removed quite a bit of material from them - so I did change the CG - but seemed like they gave up traction as well...
Just curious what others have found with them - especially after seeing Rusty's comment about Bibbster's tires above?
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:21 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!