[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8 In Da Books.

RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8 In Da Books.

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8 In Da Books.

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Okay you Maverick heads. The Hot Rods have arrived at MRT on the Gulf Coast of FLA. All have been unpacked and no shipping damage. The plan is to give them a going over make sure nothing is falling off. Maybe a little oil and lube if needed. I did notice all the braids needed cleaned so I'll take some Inox and clean them up. If there are any issues I will post it and PM whoever car has a problem.
I'm planning on getting some weight ratio readings front to rear and RPM readings @ rear wheels for you all and post. If that all goes good I'm thinking I will ustream qualifying this Sunday afternoon and run them the following weekend. Stay tuned!! :auto-layrubber:

PS... bibbster I took a quick look at your ride and felt no end play. Once I get all situated here I'll take a closer look and let you know if I see's anything.

Last edited by SRQSloter on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: RMS Hot Rod Maverick Proxy @ MRT Race8

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

:lol: Hopefully I'll see what's causing it. Feels pretty solid there. Strange.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:41 pm

bibbster, You have serious rubbage going on here dude. Looks to be rubbing on the edges of the interior tray. All kinds of body movement. I haven't taken the body off yet but I was looking at the gears. Your crown gear is meshing on the very back of the pinion. I am going to press it on a little further so it meshes about half way on the pinion. Only thing to do with the rubbing is put a .010 or so shim to raise body and tighten the body screw a bit so there's not as much movement. Let me know.

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:47 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Meh - he probably nerfed me at some point and broke something!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Glad to see they made it to you Rusty, I probably could have just hand delivered them to you since you are so close. :lol: Looking forward to see how they all run on your track and the weight and RPM testing you are doing.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:10 pm

bibbster, I yanked your Hot Rod apart tonight. :D First off there was no shim on the rear mount. So I ca'd a .020 axle shim to the body. Then I looked the chassis over and really didn't see anything obvious. All solder joints look good. Nothing looked out of wack. Sat it on the setup block and did notice the left front tire sits up off the plate .020. Didn't slide the pinion back any cause someone soldered the motor in. I'm not a fan of putting heat on a motor. That's what them holes are for. Screws. :lol: After getting a better look at it it wasn't all the way back as it looked at first. The other thing I noticed was there is some play in the rear axle. It seemed more front to rear than up and down. I'm going to put a drop oil on the axles and some lube. Run it and see what happens I guess. Probably won't put much run time on it. Try and save it some.

Later.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:06 am

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:01 am

Okay Mav heads. A little update here. I've gone through everyone's car to fix some issues and adjustments nothing major. One car I had to replace a part. That's it. Will post a list of what was done here later to each. Looking like qualifying will be Sunday afternoon via ustream. Will post the time later.

Peace
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Okay Crazies!! I got all the specs done on weight and the percentage f/r plus motor rpm @ rear tire. Go to tech specs page at the bottom of spreadsheet. Interesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

Everyone's car has had a drop of oil and a dab of lube. Only thing I need to do is clean braids. Then these Hot Rods are ready to turn and burn. :D

Peace
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh sweet! I'll definitely have to go check that out! Thanks for "feeding" us in need of a Mav fix! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Cow Rusty! That is an impressive collection of data!
:text-bravo:

Interesting the variances in both balance and rear wheel rpm!
Was the rpm test on a set of rollers or ? (just curious)
(either way it looks like the time I spent aligning bushings, breaking in the drive train, etc may have paid off!)

I will be really interested to see how my car fairs on your track with my nose heavy balance in comparison to the rest of the field! :)

Thanks again for all the cool comparative data Rusty!
:text-goodpost:

So is it Sunday yet???? :)
:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Todd. The rpm test was not on rollers. Just hand held digital tach that uses reflective tape. There's a couple turns some cars don't like. The decreasing on exit in on direction then on entry the other direction. Not all cars like the two different directions either. Some are pretty good in either. That's going to be the difference maker.

And I was surprised myself at the rpm range Dave. Couple I check two or three times just to make sure it was in the same ball park.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Right on Dave. It don't matter how fast the motor is. If it handles well and easy to drive it will be at or towards the top every time.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 pm

I find it pretty descent Dave. Thing is not to try and overdrive it. Deslots loose time and laps. When the tail end breaks loose and guide slams the stops you may be driving it to hard. :doh:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Handling will normally trump top speed every time if consistent, quick, lap times are the goal! :)

Something to consider on the rpm values...
In addition to the manufacturing variances of the motors, there are additional factors that come into play in an installed state as well. Things like:
- which way is the motor wired (spinning clock wise / counter clockwise)
- how smooth is the gear mesh (is there any cross mesh on a side winder, hypoid action on an inline, overall lash, etc)
- bushing alignment, fit - And so on...

Just something to keep in mind when looking at the numbers. ;)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!