[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks guys! This build was a lot of fun! :D
Looking forward to getting a chance to see all of them together!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:26 am

Looks great Todd! :handgestures-thumbup: I have to ask though. Why the front tires off the track? Or is the guide not in the slot? Hard to see in the photo.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:01 am

Rusty -
That is just due to the shallow depth of that Eldon track I used for the photo. I haven't made as much progress on my diorama for slot car photos as I had hoped yet.
On normal depth track, the tires hold the guide up off the track. I kicked around truing the front tires further - but didn't want to distort the "look" of the car and only took them to what I thought looked "right" both sidewall wise and from filling the wheel well standpoint. :)
She is pretty tippy on the track even with the lead I added up front - but if you drive in a manner that promotes "tail out" running (backing up the corner / powering out) - it seems to get around the corners "ok"... and if nothing else - looks good doing it. :)

Dave - Look forward to see it join the fleet on Monday! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:19 am

Ok!! Was just curious. Tripod works ok for plastic track but not so much for wood. Thanks.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 am

JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:11 am

Brilliant! Love the first photo, very much a real scale feel to it, but possibly a bit of how I like to shoot also. I'm glad you stuck with it, I was in the same camp and after my flying CA glue drops incident I really almost just wanted to start over and then the finger prints really didn't help either and weren't as big of an issue. Now that they are all together at their Dads house (which is almost as close as your gunna get to Riverside in SoCal) it is a good feeling. Let the racing RSRs start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:29 am

Nice!!!
:D
Definitely glad you stuck with it!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby turbokev » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Good analysis.. They'll be run at 10 volts at my routed track also.
Cornering speed for each car at 10v and 12v is the same.. the car can only go so fast around any given corner whether its at 10v or 24v..
The difference comes in the drivability out of the corners and braking speed coming in to the corners..
10v is smoother coming out of the corners and makes for an easier driving experience with fewer 'offs'.
On a large track with 20+ foot straights, 12v might make a difference in laptimes, but on a 16x7 layout like mine, 10v is the way to go.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Pins and needles! OMG! .271 of a sec between lap times? That's so toats cra-cra. IROC RSRs fur sur. Dave you've got to do a concours de Elegance before the first smash em up race. Post the photos of each car up and do a poll. Each person will win a brownie point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Exactly Kev!!! :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Ok I'm in, sounds like a good idea. I'll donate a decal set to match the resin body. I can only print limited on white background.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:01 am

Dave, Did you get a chance to do a weigh in with those scales? ;) Curious...
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 am

Rusty -
That would be pretty interesting data to see... I am guessing mine is going to be on the heavier end of the spectrum with the addition of the front lower extension and lead up front of the chassis - but would be curious to see where it falls! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:16 pm

PM coming Shotgun!!
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Shotgun mums the word.... :laughing-rolling:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!