[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014 - Car Builds & Such

RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014 - Car Builds & Such

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014 - Car Builds & Such

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:16 pm

I only sent $6.99 as I never pay full price for anything :)

Cars on the way to California, the only place left that has temps above 60.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Mine just went to the post office as well..
Have fun with them :auto-driving:

Cant wait to see them all in August :)
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Third layer?

If it is too shiny (better looking than mine) it might be illegal. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 pm

I was going for the "show room new" look! :D
Figure that way if she "don't go" - she will still be good for "show". ;)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:14 pm

...and I broke my rear mount for the chassis...actually, stripped it. I used SCC post repair inserts and cannot get them to stop spinning on me. I SWEAR I never have these kinds of problems. I'm taking tonight off and will try again tomorrow.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby turbokev » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Dave. I had the same spinning post issue in the front. I had to run a styrene strip between the two posts and let it all dry overnight. Then I was able to get the screws in without spinning the post out. Good luck on yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm SOOOOO over this car lol!

Here is the RMS Team entry driven as by David Pearson in the 1970 T/A class during the 24 Hours of Daytona.

PCS Chassis with the requisite parts...meaning high center of gravity and prone to tipping. Without the body it is a rocket! I just want Harry to be able to place better than last - I think that's mission accomplished!

I'll get it out Thursday!

Soon to be released RMS inserts:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:12 pm

That looks SHARP in the Grabber Blue Dave!
Not sure what you used to coat/cover your bumpers - but you were MUCH more successful than I was. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 pm

A quick update on mine - I made the mistake of clear coating my chrome paint apparently before it was ready to be coated. I had allowed it to cure for a number of days - but guess not enough? - so it looks more like gun metal gray than chrome - but other than that - pretty happy with it. :)

I plan to do some test/tune with it tomorrow and still have to glue/true the front tires - but if all goes well, she will be headed out in the mail this weekend! :D

Here are a couple shots before I potentially scuff up the paint at the track tomorrow... :)

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby turbokev » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:51 am

Outstanding!!
Love the Boss stripes Todd~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:22 am

Looks great Todd! Love the color and the stripes too.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:23 am

Yes sir, that looks great. You have good taste in color :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 am

I had missed Davids.. NICE !

Love the Grabber Blue and the rear wing..

I can't wait to see a group shot of all the Mavericks
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys! Got to spend some time running it around the road course and I'm still not sure I have the balance quite right - but if the track is slick, with tight corners, I think she will be right at home... BUT if it is a grippy track and/or has long sweeper style curves, the host is probably going to have to baby her...
I did find that if I would brake early, coast in and then power out from mid corner, it runs out through the balance strong with the rear stepping out just a bit at the exit... BUT if you try to carry too much speed into and/or through the corner, she goes up on two wheels and out of the slot - or worse yet, goes to upside down "turtle" mode. :doh:

I still have a couple tweaks to do, as I still need to true the front tires and trim a BUNCH off my guide to fit the .223" slot depth on Shotgun Dave's track noted earlier (I used a standard Parma wood guide) after that, I hope to try to get it back to the track for one more session of "play" (it IS a lot of fun to drive!) to make sure the changes don't have a negative impact on the handling and then I will be boxing up both my and Apalmer's cars to send them west!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!