[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014 - Car Builds & Such

RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014 - Car Builds & Such

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014 - Car Builds & Such

Postby DixonJohn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 pm

DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Amazing the difference in looks the addition of inserts, number, side pipes, etc made in the look! She looks READY to race! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Too cool!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby turbokev » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:26 am

Nice job! I like the 'arrest me' red paint.. it'll stand out on the track for sure :mrgreen:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:06 am

Meanwhile I am about a week behind :)

John enjoys the fact he is finished. As he reminded me many times last night :)

"Oh, your still working on yours?" "Now I can start on this next car."
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SRQSloter » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Looks good John. Can't wait to see all these at once. And I have to wait till August. :angry-tappingfoot:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Had to make an "adjustment" to my chassis. The body sat a little higher than I planned and instead of shimming it, I cut the edges of the original plate and made some L brackets. I set those to the right height and soldered.

I left the old side plates so the side exhaust might have a place to mount. Turns out they worked fine.

Used brass tubing and a small tube bender to make them. No, not show quality but it works.

Just about ready now for decals.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:01 am

Harry - I like it! :D

Mine is getting rev three of the body mount set up today and if all goes well, will be shooting the base coat of paint on it! :)

Spent some time with it on the track last night and I think I have the balance "decent" as depending on how you drive it - you can switch between rolling it and tailing it out. I'm sure I will have to do some additional tuning/tweaking once the interior tray is in there and the body is in it's final mounting position - but I think it is definitely time to move on to paint! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 am

Thanks Todd. I feel the fun of these cars is that they have a distinct driving style. Tipping is what happens when I push too hard, but realistic action is what I like.

Today I should get close to finishing.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: RMS '70 Maverick Trans Am Proxy 2014

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 am

Great looking rides, all. I'm going to HAVE to finish mine this week. Almost there...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:53 am

Slot depth fine here for any guide.

I can't wait for a Chevy to race against this. When that.....umm...I mean IF, if such a model ever comes out I think it will be a great match up.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:40 am

Adds a whole new meaning to "Lead Sled"!

Hmmm - why doesn't this car seem to have any brakes.... :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby APalmer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 am

The mav has 2 coats of clear. Waiting on a 3rd.. she is all done. . Ready forone last shake down next week before getting mailed off.

APalmer

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!