[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Affordable Sports Car Proxy: Time to enter and update:

Affordable Sports Car Proxy: Time to enter and update:

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Affordable Sports Car Proxy: Time to enter and update:

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:29 pm

That sounds right to me.

Also, for what its worth, there's something about the open cars that kinda recalls this proxy. My Fiat 124 had a hardtop I used in the winter, but the first hint of Spring, off it came. It stood in the dining room from November to March. My wife loved the car, or we would have had a lot of conflict. Damned thing weighed a ton. My wife helped me carry it in and out, and she weighed 97 pounds at the time. Hi-ho. (I loved Kurt Vonnegut)
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bkrownd » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:11 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:29 am

mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 am

:auto-checkeredflag:
Last edited by turbokev on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:09 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:03 pm

I guess the short version of my question is...

Where we at on dis ting, eh?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Ditto. Building as quick as I can.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I've set aside my second planned car for this one and I am determined to finish the third. Besides, I like it better.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:50 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I went through the joys of cutting a hole in my Spridget yesterday. The hole cutting would've been easier if I didn't have to make the grill fit in it.

I'm guessing your Alpine is by the same person who did my Spitfire. The chassis seems quite rigid at least, for a resin chassis.

When I get to build the Spitfire I'll probably finish up gutting the inside of the shell as I have done with the MG PA. It's messy but quite quick to do it if you scrape it out with a knife. But definitely a job best done outdoors.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:06 pm

I never thought of scraping. What knife are you using?

The two kits came from the same page, after all. Its an impressive kit, and I like the chassis, too. I think with the body so heavy, maybe the resin chassis is the best way to go. If there's enough time, I'll try an ultralight fiberglass chassis with a counterweight. I'm not decided yet about the capricious slim can requirement. The chassis for mine is pretty much built for the motor that came with it. I hate the idea of cutting it and regretting it because its weakened. Maybe the answer is to make a fiberglass chassis with the slim can and do the resin chassis with an 18,000rpm normal motor. See how much difference there is. I'm more concerned about building a car that has all its weight well above the axles than anything.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Exacto #11 blade. My favourite for such work. It's got a bit more meat to it than the #5.

I've put an SRP 16k in the Spridget. Not really a great deal of room. I think I might try to gear it for some braking though.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Bob Voltage!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:52 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"