[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Wanted: To Host A Proxy Race

Wanted: To Host A Proxy Race

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Wanted: To Host A Proxy Race

Postby acmost » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:56 pm

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Wanted: To Host A Proxy Race

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:44 pm

I bet we come up with something soon, since there are so many great cars coming to market right now.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby acmost » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:33 pm

Hey thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out on here!
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Awesome looking track! Looks like a lot of fun to drive! I love the point in the second video where you brought it down to the figure standing on the side of the track and had all three cars do a "fly by". :D

Being fairly new to the "proxy" races myself, I "think" what may be common is if you have an idea for a particular type of proxy (like the Autograss Mini races, the 50-80's European car race, etc) you can post to see what interest there may in that particular type of class (and/or ask for variants of it) and then line your track up as one of the hosting tracks. That at least seems like one potential way to get a proxy going. :)

I would recommend, if you go that route, that you make it somewhat specific in relation to a body type/class with details on tire/motor requirements/limits and then float it out there to see what people think. :)

Look forward to hearing what comes up!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby acmost » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:11 am

Hi, thanks & great advice. I did sorta initiate a Cheetah Proxy a few years ago just as you say. That was big fun & quite the undertaking! I admire any of you guys who pull it off - there's a lot of details involved. I was just looking for the easy way out this time, if anybody was short a host track, happy to take a leg of it - and play with your cars! hahahah.
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:33 am

From time to time something comes up and a scheduled event can not be held, so it is nice to have an alternate track available. You have not said where you live or if you can have other drivers available.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks, I live in a suburb of Nashville, TN. It's just me racing. I would probably just use the middle lane because the shoulders were cut a little thin so the outside lanes(depending on car length) can possibly have the advantage of using the walls to keep it in the slot at almost full throttle at some turns - so the middle lane is the equalizer.
I think track length is around 58' although it looks larger. 10v is almost too much. Under 7 secs is a good time, at least with my few cars that I have. Sold my NSR & Slot.its so I'm sure those would be quicker. Timing right now is a dead strip, DS200 & PC Lap Timer Software. Since my hiatus I'm switching from Indy Grips/Super Tires to rubber/urethane….liking it so far.

That's about it.
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!