[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - European affordable sports cars from 50's-80's Interest?

European affordable sports cars from 50's-80's Interest?

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: European affordable sports cars from 50's-80's Interest?

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Just chiming in on the motor subject. In the rules it states "RTR"....I believe the SCX MGA is an RX42B so it's a standard "S" can. Also one of the more available chassis for the non-fabricating crowd is the PCS32 which also takes an "S" can. Just :twocents-mytwocents:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:44 pm

SCX MGA is an RK41 not an RX-42B. It was the first of the new issue of motors. Slot Car News tested it at about 16k rpm and 200 gcm torque.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Austin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:03 pm

The rules are very clear and easy to follow, all ready test drove my car. Now to pull it apart for paint
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:57 pm

So, is the RK41 motor a slim can or not? Don't make me go dig that MGA out of the box!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:01 pm

I don't think so. It is normal SCX can.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:02 pm

So we have a rule fix to do before anybody gets snagged on this.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:09 pm

I would rather regular can motor rather than slimcan. But I am nous set up to do a slimcan build. Just not the one I thought I was going to do.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Austin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:53 pm

RK41 motor is not a slim can, mine is the same size as other scx motors

i removed mine and put the M/T 1 slim can in. Runs great
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:34 am

I haven't looked. Is it a snap in swap or is there work to be done to mount the slim can motor? We need to keep the guys in mind who are running an RTR car without a lot of changes that require tools, etc. If its just a clean swap, I think it would be fine, but I'm not the author of the rules.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 pm

I think I remember it was going to organized after the holidays, Dave.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 pm

I've got several options lined up for cars to build. I'll build them anyway because I like them and I want to get to work on building chassis. Hope to get started by the end of next week.

Besides, you guys all seem able to churn cars out at production line rates. I'm more on a Morgan time frame. Got to wait for the trees to grow. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Wood framed Morgans... What a great car they are (attitude-wise). There about 3 dealers in the US for them. When I was a kid, every place that had MGs, Triumphs, Rover or Jaguar had a sideline in Morgans- on the sign out front. I never saw a Morgan up close until they were gone. Now they are back (with great looking new models), and I can't justify the costs. Unfortunately, about 1/3 of me will fit in more than half of the cars they make. I have a couple of slot car Morgans, but I still want to do a 3 wheeler!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Austin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I remember that. Great job.

About that motor swap... I think its asking a lot of someone who's new to the hobby to do that. Just sayin'
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!