[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Midget Proxy II

HRW Midget Proxy II

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW Midget Proxy II

Postby Carl 72 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am

just to clear up one thing we can use scratch built chassis and does it have to be brass

Carl
Carl 72

Postby ourwayband » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 am

Bibbster if ya wind up needed another oval,I can set up the revell.It will be plastic..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:07 pm

OK Dude!!

It's around 4 by 12..2 lane with borders and wide curves.

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smithspeedway » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Typo on Smith Scale Speedway's dimensions - We are 18 feet by 6 feet, 6 lane, and no banking.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodguy32 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 pm

woodguy32

Postby smithspeedway » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am

Question on the interior - "full or half tray interior"

Some bodies have the driver and interior molded in. Is it okay to use that? On my sprint cars, I usually cut out the cockpit and use a molded driver. Is this acceptable?
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RazorJon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 am

If you need 1 more track.... its kinda oval with twisty bits between
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby goosenapper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:57 am

:?: What is the depth of the slot in Revell track?

I'm trying to figure out what guide to use. Since we're racing on more than just wood, (a good move, by the way) I don't want to put a Slot.it wood guide on the car if it's going to be plowing the bottom of the slot the whole way around the track.

And, although the rules of this proxy are not arrived upon via democratic action, I vote for Jon's monster track to be included on the tour. While not in character with the history of the cars, it would be a nice change to the roundy-rounds, much like when Nascar visits Sears Point or Watkins Glenn. Even if it was tossed on the end as a bonus round kind of thing, independent to the rest of the tour, it would be fun to see how the cars make out on his track.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am

hey I just noticed I am hosting 1 leg of this, any questions about the track just ask, thanks for the chance to race your builds, looking forward :banana-rock:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi guys, I haven't checked the forum lists in a while. Is it too late to enter again this year?

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm in!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Well I would love to say I built this beast,but it was mainly the Bibbster!Me thinks he did a great job!
Thanks Bibbster for the time and effort.Now I too shall enter!! :D
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:12 am

That looks great - I think this is a great platform to build a club racer. Quick, sturdy, easily available, and relatively cheap.

When I built mine I trimmed the tires to narrow them. I know some where concerned about the steam roller tires not looking vintage... I think they look pretty mean wide like that and they have to handle pretty well, but if you need a scale vintage look jut take a razor blade to the fat foams.

Here is what I wrote in my original build thread in the Oval Section:

"Fronts are 1/8" axle 3/4 inch diameter .500 wide w/.500 hub Hard Sponge P/N 261.
(I narrowed these tires down to about 1/4 inch tread width, with a razor blade applied to the spinning tire.)

Rears are 1/8" axle .880 inch diameter .800 wide w/.500 hub Sponge P/N 328.
(I narrowed these tires down to a *full* 1/2 inch tread width, with a razor blade applied to the spinning tire.)"
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!