[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The "Furry" Zipper

The "Furry" Zipper

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

The "Furry" Zipper

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 06, 2013 8:50 am

Taking a cue from Mr. Derby City's photo, I decided to use the Petty Fury as my entry in the Zipper Top Proxy (or one of them).

Not much else to show as the chassis is apart and the interior has been repainted.

Have the new gear for the rear end, so back to work.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: The Fury Zipper

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks man.

After looking closer I am not changing out gear. Nothing wrong with what is here. It's why I have a Razor.

More of a challenge now and that makes it more fun for me :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 am

Good job on the top chopping. It looks nice and clean.

But man, I wouldn't want to be the guy running in the outside lane next to that car. A little trigger pull and that rear end turns in to a fly-swatter! Go ahead and add a little lead to the tail section and you can give it the nickname of the sledge-hammer. :lol:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 am

hey that looks great, nice slice-n-dice job and you did a super job on the painting and decals ... ;)
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

I do believe under the Geneva Convention this qualifies as 'cruel and unusual' !!!!

Well now I gotta get me one of those 1960 Plymouths as it is an outstanding looking car.

Vintage NASCAR had lots of convertibles!

My thinking is that I too will have at least 1.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next step!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby buspor63 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:23 pm

..... oh, I thought it said Furry Zipper..... :oops:
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Austin » Wed May 08, 2013 4:42 pm

I all so started working on the Fury Zipper, roof is of and roll cage is made, Will be running SCC wheels and bushings with slot-it axle and gears.

I am start out with this car, My paint and decals my not be as nice as Harry's

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm

LOL, well the paint work was VERY easy :)

Time for an update.

I cleaned up the stock wheels on the Razor and they are just fine. So time to chose a tire. There is NOT a lot of clearance for expanded sidewalls, so after trying a couple sets I settled on these.

These offset tires work like a charm! All I had to do was sand the inside sidewall so they would clear the inside of the chassis.

The look good, have the right diameter, and were easily sanded to fit.

The chassis was radiused all around as we do with most chassis that allow it. Just enough to free it up.

The lead is NOT on the bottom. It is inside like the rules say. Simply removed the magnets and used some self-stick lead in it's place.

Standard B-Nova setup. I like these things, can you tell?

MT motor, stock gearing.

Runs very well for a BARGE :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: The "Furry" Zipper

Postby MoparGreg » Thu May 09, 2013 12:16 am

Harry, you are making Richard proud! Looks the goods so far & nice chop!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Well thanks guys. I guess I am "cheating" by using the existing model...but I thought it would go well with the other car so I left it in "team colors".

On this model there is a bracket that serves a dual purpose. It holds the body up for the correct height as well as being the light bar mount for those street models that had them.

Instead of trying to make shims I just cut off the existing bracket and glued it directly to the chassis.

The interior was broken down and repainted. The purple color it had just did not look right to me. I used Krylon flat black.

I also changed driver heads. This is one from our proxy host MT Resins.

I am clearly no artist. Ember is likely swearing about now.

All finished. This was a fun project and it accomplished more than just a simple entry. It forced me to take a fresh look at this car and the results are very pleasing to me. This model runs VERY good to me. Smooth as smooth can be considering it has all stock parts.

Will it be the fastest? HA! No. My models are not fast...just fun :)

Thanks Mark for the great idea. Cannot wait to see more entries as they are finished.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby VenturaAlfa » Thu May 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Great looking car. You did a really nice job on it. I am working on the red version of the one in an earlier post.

I'm still trying to find the fur :dance: . Is it on the Paul Gage tires after you sanded them? :think:

My car won't have all the mods yours does so it will be interesting to see how they do against each other.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 09, 2013 2:10 pm

LOL, thanks. Since everyone see "Furry" instead of Fury...I just made it easy and changed the name :)

Sanding off the lips where the body posts go into really helps your float. You can carve them off with an Exacto blade too if you prefer.

Look forward in seeing your car sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Thu May 09, 2013 2:14 pm

That looks fantastic. Better than stock! :clap:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sat May 11, 2013 8:31 am

looks super Harry, right down to the T-shirt. these guys were bare bones, no uniforms in those days. although you are missing one important element. The Zipper top :naughty:
Last edited by Derby City Speedway on Sun May 12, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!