new proxy for Pre WW2 racecars...interested?

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: new proxy for Pre WW2 racecars...interested?

Postby DavidMitcham » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 am

A reminder the closing date of 1 April for the receipt of cars is fast approaching. Please let John and me know when your car(s) have been posted.

Best Regards

David
DavidMitcham

Postby CARacing » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 am

Thank you David,

CARacing is in the post for the past two weeks....hopefully it will get there in time for the grand opening.
Alfa 12C , #74
CARacing

Postby Dogsbody » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:54 am

I won't be entering a car after all. Good luck to everyone.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DavidMitcham » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:16 pm

All the cars received have now been through the scrutineering bay and the results are shown below. The cells marked in green are where the car is fully compliant those marked in orange are where the car does not comply with the rules. The transgressions are fairly minor therefore John and I have agreed that no penalties will imposed unless it becomes clear that a non-compliant car has a distinct competitive advantage arising from a non-compliant element of its construction.

I will be posting some pictures of the cars over the next few days. Note Andi Rowland's Miller will be arriving when he comes to assist me with the first round. I have also retained Thomas's, Matt's and Alan's cars on the list in the hope that they can send their cars at some point during the proxy.

Best Regards

David

DavidMitcham

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Well....
Looks like I won - might as well send it back now :laughing-rolling:
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Looks like you ended up with a nice field of cars
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:02 am

Sorry, I must admit to neither building the car nor paying attention to the rules. I'll gladly accept whatever penalty is dealt out.

Dang.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:47 am

David and Munter,

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Things became a little rushed for me as work commitments increased, but never the less it prompted me to build the car that I had been meaning to do for a number of years now.

This is all quite new to me, I am amazed by the build standards so will try to improve in future events.

I have an idea of a quite a few specials that I would like to make, hopefully I will keep going now.

If it is of interest, I have a lot of photos of the full size Richard Bolster car with a tape rule adjacent to various sections to give approx dimensions, I am happy to send them to anyone for their own use but within this group, not publicly. I also have a 30's s/charged Wolseley Hornet spl in the workshop at the moment should anyone like photos and dimensions.

Thank you all.
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DavidMitcham » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Nearly all the cars have arrived for the first meeting of the ITP championship series and have been carrying out some preliminary exploration of the track at Rockwell Park. There are one or two late arrivals expected from: South Africa - Clive Armstrong's Alfa 12c is stuck in customs; Germany - Thomas Deitrich's Mercedes Team are late catching the ferry; and the USA - Andi Rowland's Miller is likely to turn up on race day and, subject to the Clerk of the Course's ruling, may have to miss practice which is due to take place this coming weekend to determine the race running order. In anticipation of a closely fought first round, which will take place on 19 April, here are some pictures of the cars getting feel for the track.
Best Regards

David

Here are the Voiturettes.

Here are the GP cars.

DavidMitcham

Postby FC47 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Guys the cars and track look perfect!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:00 am

Thanks David

I have to say I'm really happy that I got to take part in this unique proxy. The GP field looks great and that Auto Union sandwiched between the Bugatti's is a work of art.

Can't wait to see them fired up!

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DavidMitcham » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Today was practice day for setting times for the starting order for next Friday's racing. The Voiturettes ran first and its turned out to be a very close battle at the top between three Italian cars: the Alfa Alfetta 158 of Mac Pinches; the Alfa Romeo 512 of David Mitcham; and the Maserati 4CL of John Warren. The 158 achieved th fastest lap by just under 1/10th of a second from the 512 with the Maserati a mere 7 thousandths of a second behind that. In fact the whole field was only covered by only 1.4 seconds and the first 6 by just under half a second. Its going to be a very close race.

Here are the detailed results.

The Voiturettes lined up in running order by number.

The top three.

The Grand Prix cars will run tomorrow.

Best Regards

David
DavidMitcham

Postby DavidMitcham » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:29 am

On sunny afternoon in Wiltshire the Grand Prix car practice session was held to set times for the running order of cars in next Friday's race. As with the Voiturettes yesterday the times were very close. Mac Pinches' Maserati 8CTF set the fastest time of the afternoon of 6.560 seconds, this was just 0.002 of a second faster than the Delahaye 155 of David Mitcham, with Dave Capelen in third with a time of 6.726. The top six cars were covered by just under 0.4 of a second. The times to cover 5 laps are probably a better indication of race pace and consistency with the Maserati again the quickest car by a 1.2 second margin over Mike Dove's Auto Union with the Delahaye third, 0.1 of a second behind. All the cars were a pleasure to drive albeit some more demanding than others.

Overall the times were not much different to the Voiturettes despite the extra power of the GP cars but this is mainly due to Rockwell Park not having any long straights and the sinuous nature of the track.

Here are the top three cars with the other GP cars lined up in the pits in lap time order.

Best Regards

David
DavidMitcham

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks for the update David. I knew my entry was going to be down in power with the small Minebea,and wouldn’t do well in qualifying. I hope the combo is smooth and easy to drive so it performs better on race day. I.e no deslots,and a steady predictable pace for the driver. Looks like a policar FF50 would have made the car more competitive.

I really like the uniqueness of this proxy. Good luck to all on the race.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:38 pm

David, Thank you for your hard work on our behalf.

Wow there is a field of amazing cars.
This is my first proxy of this type and really I'm still very green. It is fun to see how the different cars run and in a strange way, they seem to carry some resemblance to the full size creations in your descriptions, I can imagine my Bolster Spl being a little top heavy, in fact I thought it would be too cumbersome and clumsy.

Thank you again to all that have made this possible.
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!