[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 /25 trans am proxy feeler. "updates"

1/24 /25 trans am proxy feeler. "updates"

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: 1/24 /25 trans am proxy feeler. "updates"

Postby historiceng » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:57 am

That sounds a fun proxy, and a nice attitude. I don't think I could make the build and ship the car this time but definitely one for me to keep an eye for next year if you were to run it again..
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:10 pm

So are scratchbuilt chassis allowed in this. I got a bunch of all 1/24 scale stuff I could cobble together.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Just H&R and old pro trac chassis for this.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby mattb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:28 pm

What rules regarding front and rear tread width? Wheel well trimming and/flares? Vacuum formed full interiors are not allowed?
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:32 pm

I was just gonna ask that same question Barc(just to be sure)...thanks for quick response BT!!

One more question (just to be sure) and I’m ready to start:
Since some people are not real familiar with sponge tires I’m guessing they are being used on the front wheels to help cut down on the “friction” or “non-traction” on the front end so it will slide through the corners with very little resistance...if this isn’t so please correct me!!! If this is the case...If urethane tires are used all around, CAN fingernail polish be used on the front tires to help even up the non-resistance factor the sponge tires offer??

Thanks in advance BT!! Looking forward to this proxy!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Guy's, I would suggest looking at the link Harry gave us for all the guidelines of this race. I will answer all your questions im sure!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby mattb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:13 pm

In that link there is no rules about wheel well trimmng or flares, so I assume anything is legal in that regard?

I did see a rule about 14mm tire width. Also no mention of whether the guide flag must be invisable or if it can extend out the front of the body.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:23 pm

I think we covered all that in the overall appearance part. The cars MUST look like actual historic Trans Am car. No opening of wheel wells, no flares that are not factory to the car. We are having a concourse judging at each track as well. As far as the guide goes, it stays under the body for the sake of modeling. If a car comes in so modified that it does not fit the overall theme of this race, it will be sent back to the owner.

Thanks

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 pm

I'll fix that. I figured it was just common sense/knowledge that you don't hog out the wheel wells and make them Saturday Night Bombers.

Thanks for the heads up.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:16 pm

OK I got sucked in hey man its a T/A race Bobs the man ( literally he got me a driver ) Picked out a body yesterday and SCC CANADA is sending the goodies to finish off my chassis. Guess I have to get to work now :whistle:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:03 pm

I was planning on building a replica of Jim Taylor's 1963 Shelby 289 powered Falcon, but lost out during the bidding war for a 1962 Falcon promotional model, which I would still have to perform body mods on the rear pillars to turn it into a hardtop. It's probably best it went to a collector. It was truly a nice example of promotional art.

I will continue to be on the lookout until the deadline approaches.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:19 pm

im in will be sporting my usual #26 :)

cant wait my chassis arrived today...... body should be here Tuesday :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Well you have the chassis and kits...you are in this thing now :)

Well done!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby 4424ever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 pm

4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!