[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - IPS round 7 Auckland NZ

IPS round 7 Auckland NZ

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

IPS round 7 Auckland NZ

Postby alexis in greece » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Quote Dave
"Hi Guys, the cars showed up this morning.

I'll check them and get them ready for qualifying to be done asap, (I'll keep ya posted)"
Last edited by alexis in greece on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: IPS round 7 Auckland NZ

Postby DRW21 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Qualifying will be done tomorrow night and Mike will post the results as soon as he can after that.
We are looking at running the Race this Sunday if we can.
I'll keep ya posted on that one.
Cheers Guys - Dave.
Last edited by DRW21 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: IPS round 8 Auckland NZ

Postby alexis in greece » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09 pm

Qoute Dave
"
The cars have been checked and repaired as needed.
Most cars just needed the braids and tyres cleaned, they ran fine for a few laps on my small home track and then back in the box ready to qualify tomorrow night.

Tyre wear is a big thing with some cars really chewing through the rubber and the softer urethane.

Car 31 was very bouncy, on further inspection the rear tyres were rolling off the rims while cornering. 

At first I thought the glue had let go but when I looked closer the was no sign of any glue, just a couple of blobs of gunk.

This is the wheel as it came off he car
I have since glued them and given them a light sand to get true again. Much more drivable now, not as bouncy as it first was
The same car also had brass swarf from the gear boss. 

I have cleaned it all off so the swarf doesn't get on the track and make it slippery for the other cars.

Car 170 was not in a happy state when I picked it up out of the box.[/size][/font][/color][/background]
The shaft had been broken away from the flag (shaft not in box) and the front body mount had broken away from the body.It was easy to re-glue the body post as a clean break showed exactly where it was, a good drop of super glue now holds that back in place.

The only guide I have with a long post was an old guide from a Fly car, I trimmed the guide post holder and fitted the Fly guide.
Thinner braids were needed to keep the front wheels on the track.New lead wires were also needed as only held by one strand and too short to re-cut. 

With these repairs done car 170 runs fine again and lives to do battle again.
All the best to every one for tomorrow nights qualifying session.

ps, love the steering on the Vette!!!"

Thanks Dave for the repairs
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beejay7 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:43 am

Thank you for the work on the 31 car.
It would appear from the photo that the motor shaft diameter is greater than the available groove in the Slot.it crown.
I ran the car or may hours in testing prior to shipping and didn't find a problem.
Are all the BWA motors experiencing this problem?..
Alan
Beejay7

Postby DRW21 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:51 pm

No worries Beejay7.

Hi Guys, the cars have been qualified, Mike will do the spread sheet and post the results asap.

The plan is to run the race this Saturday.

A couple of the cars that went really really well have motors that a lot higher :o than what I have in the 2 cars I have prepared and I thought they were good!

(It also appears that 2 cars may still have magnets in them, they look like magnets and a small nail clings to them).
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:08 am

DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:54 am

Thanks for posting the qualy results, Dave.

Good luck to everyone in Saturday’s race!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:57 pm

EM, I had another look at your Jag before the race, I didn't find anything odd or out of place with it so we ran it as it is, after cleaning the tyres, braids and a light oil.

I think the narrow footprint and the lightness of the car makes it a bit less stable than other cars that are wider and carry a bit more weight.

I also had a closer look at the 2 cars I thought still had magnets fitted but have come to the conclusion that those cars are fine. Sorry to cause any drama over this.

The drivers were Rod, Giovanni, Paul and myself. Mike did a great job of race control and a big Thank You to the marshals, Jan, Peter and Colin.

Thank You to the car owners for letting us have the privilege of driving your cars, the tricky and technical track can be a real test for the cars.

The best way to make your cars more driveble for any track would be to glue and true all tyres and add weight to help keep it planted.

Tyres that come away from the rim can do so under cornering, making the car suddenly loose grip part way round the corner.

The lighter cars were the cars that had to be driven much slower in the corners as they would tip or roll over and often de-slot, the heavier cars are the cars that had less de-slots and therefore covering a greater distance.

#23 is planted and very very fast for a slimline motor, I haven't seen a slimline motor that has the torque to push a 12 tooth pinion and still have enough brakes.
#33 is also amazingly planted with the very cool Sampson chassis, this one also has a very torquey motor to push all that weight and still run as fast as any other car.

Great to see a huge mix of chassis, anything from modified Sebrings, MRRC alloy slider, 3D, modified stock and scratch built chassis all under very cool looking cars.

Already planning for the 2019 IPS.

Mike will post the results and some pix as soon as he can.

Thank You ALL - Dave.
Last edited by DRW21 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Thanks for the results and feedback on the cars.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Thank you DRW21 for the run and congratulations on the podium as well. Also congratulations to PSlacker and Audi1 on your podiums as well.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Just posted alot of pictures on the Austlot forum then realized this is the home site for IPS. So here are the pictures.

Final Race Results:

Finishing positions:

Podium 3 plus 1:

Group Shots:
OrakeiRacer

Postby OrakeiRacer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Race Group pictures:

OrakeiRacer

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:32 am

Thanks for posting the results and pics, Mike. Great track-side shots of the cars!

Congrats to Paul (pslacker) and Dave (drw21) on their top finishes! Nice to see a Ford finishing right behind the winning Ferrari...……. :lol:

Nice track - glad you had fun racing these IPS cars.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:52 pm

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:54 pm

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next