[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - VII Solo Racing Season. FINALS

VII Solo Racing Season. FINALS

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: VII Solo Racing Season. 7th round

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 am

The boys from Ohio pushed the GPS car hard - but apparently, between the outside temp and the added heat radiating off the deep black paint of our machine - the driver was fighting seeing through the heat waves and finding his braking points...
The boys were heard mumbling something about "bring on the rain - we do well in the wet!" as they wandered out of the pits in search of a bar with some cold beer and cold AC!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dw5555 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:36 am

All good things must come to an end. Pushing the car all season without any major service has taken it's toll. I have no one to blame but myself as budgetary issues has finally caught up with me. Well fought race.
Boss Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racing Bandit » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Vonsirus said it all, pushed too hard into the hairpin in the 1st race waiting too late in the braking zone for it. Reviewed the data from the first race while the Wolf was being serviced and made the necessary adjustments. Good clean race. Now to see if Bandit Racing can keep up the momentum for the final push.
Racing Bandit

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Slothead racing is delighted to only be 5 points out of 1st place. We obviously need more pastries to fuel our push for the championship round.

Bring on the final 2 rounds, we're eager to take on all comers.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby vonsirius » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:57 am

Fellow racers;

I began some works at the track, but now my real life job demands me some attention.
I think I wan´t be able to race another round in more or less two months.

Forgive me for the delay!!!
Last edited by vonsirius on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racing Bandit » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am

No worries here my friend. Real life always seems to get in the way of our enjoyment! :lol:
Racing Bandit

Postby slothead » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 am

Real life can be like that. This is for fun so no pressure. Whatever works for you is okay.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: VII Solo Racing Season. 8th round

Postby vonsirius » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am

Some action this weekend at Elra Park!

Full report soon.

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

Sweet deal! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby vonsirius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:16 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 am

Simone is in high spirits but is still in the hospital but she's there strictly for observation with a mild concussion. She appreciates everyone's concerns and well wishes. Well fought race. The problem it turned out was a loose wishbone that wasn't tightened all the way during it's reassembly. Depending on how fast she recovers it may be up to Carli for the last race. :scared-eek:
Boss Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racing Bandit » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Ben Razin Bandit Racing/Wolf Team Principal, " I take full responsibility for our poor pitstop to change tires during the second race. I was indecisive when the Bandit came in on our tire choice, first choosing to only change two tires initially then when the car stopped seen how degraded all four tires were. This caused Paul our Jackman to drop the car before the lugnuts were properly tightened down causing an even longer delay in getting the car back on the track. The Bandit did his best in the wet conditions to make up time but couldn't do so in a safe manner."
Racing Bandit

Postby slothead » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Slothead Racing was doing well in this series, being highly motivated and organized. Then the break came and we were committed to using it to our advantage. We agreed to meet at the race shop every morning at 7 am, and after a team meeting to plan the day we'd go over the car making all sorts of modifications and improvements. But, as time went on the meetings got longer, more donuts were eaten and coffee consumed, but less and less work was getting done. Over the last few weeks we'd wander in around noon, eat donuts and then go take naps. Worst of all, our driver put on 20 pounds and could barely fit in the car when racing resumed. It was all he could do to shift the car properly and he admitted missing several shifts and then just leaving the car in a middle gear to make driving easier.

We're capable of much better and hope to return to form soon.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:54 am

Ohhh yeah! Clouds and rain are what suits the SE Ohio team best in this series! The team was last seen huddled around one of the lap tops on the pit box googling "how to do a traditional rain dance"...
Bring on the rain!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: VII Solo Racing Season. 9th round and Finals .Part 1

Postby vonsirius » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:52 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!