[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Some Sad News

Some Sad News

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Some Sad News

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:59 am

I'm sorry to inform you that one of our members; Don Murphy (mrollingthunder), has passed away.

Harry received a message from Don's wife, Jeanne, in response to a PM notice that had been sent to him. The message said that Don had thoroughly enjoyed building proxy cars and had always followed the racing results carefully.

He was more active on other slot car forums and was well-known to many as an avid 1:1 racer; constantly changing out motors and rear ends the day before a race, as well as a colorful and expressive slot car tuner. Take a look at the car that he planned to enter in this year's Can-Am proxy - the Holman Honker - that's classic mrollingthunder.

Since almost 80% of Don's posts on this forum were in the proxy sub-forum, I decided that this was, perhaps, the best place to make this post. When I think of Don Murphy, I certainly think of racing first and I think he did, too.

He will be missed and on behalf of the HRW forum, we extend our condolences to his wife and family as well as his friends.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Some Sad News

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 am

Oh no! That is terrible! Don was a participant in several of the TA Proxies as well and I just packed his car up and shipped it to the next host.

I pray Don’s family is doing ok.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Some Sad News

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 am

Very sad news indeed.
Thoughts and prayers for his wife and family.
Godspeed, Don.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 am

R.I.P. Don
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 am

Very sad news to hear. Condolences to his family.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

That's terrible. What happened to him?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:06 am

I don't know, but I assume it was relatively sudden and unexpected, since he was posting to the Can-Am proxy thread about building the Holman & Moody Honker on March 2nd.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:25 am

R.I.P.
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am

Godspeed man.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Maybe we should rename the current t/a prox in remembrance.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:00 am

It is a sad day. We should see if we can run his car each year in remembrance. We will miss him.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 pm

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. I send my prayers out to his family and loved ones. May we reflect with smiles on our interactions with him
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Very sad news, sincerest condolences to his family and friends our thoughts are with them.

When I see the name "mrollingthunder" I immediately think of his love and expertise on all things related to the Ford Capri, the man was an expert on that marque .

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:07 pm

The "Rolling Thunder" Proxy? I like the sound of that.

It is a sad day and our condolences to the family.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!