[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SIP 2018 Final Thoughts

SIP 2018 Final Thoughts

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: SIP 2018 Final Standings

Postby vonsirius » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:36 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 am

Finally CAT Racing it´s the winner!

We thought that we have lost the Series after Elra Park fiasco, but we did it.We are very happy, the team will celebrate it whith a big party.
Congrats to the podium finishers and a big thanks to all race organicers , we did it for fun but some work and efforts are involved , so a big thanks again!!!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 am

A big thanks from all the donors to all those that made the series go. Always nice to be in the top half. Congratulations to the CAT. You're now the big dog.

We'll crawl home, lick our wounds and sharpen our knives.

Helen's got her work cut out for her.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:49 am

Finally a podium finish to pull us out of the bottom two.. :banana-dance: Many thanks to all the hosts and racers to allow the D&D racing team to be a part of this series.
Boss Dave, Simone and Carli
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racing Bandit » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Thank you to all involved and for letting Bandit Racing be part of the series! Enjoyed following along.
Racing Bandit

Postby slothead » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Slothead Racing is proud to be on the podium with a 3rd place final standing, and gives a big shout out to CAT Racing and the T County Lug Nuts for claiming the top two positions.

Thanks to everyone involved. A series like this connects us more than everyday forum posts, so this was a lot of fun and I hope we do more solo proxies in the future. My offer still stands to select some of my evenly matched Scalextric Trans Am cars and send them off to do battle on a variety of tracks as our proxy cars. Each team could have a chosen car to represent them, or rotate cars Race of Champions (RoC) style.

Slot on dudes and dudettes!
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: SIP 2018 Final Thoughts

Postby vonsirius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 am

Well, this proxy it´s over and I think it would be nice to know your opinions about it.

We have seen diferent ways of race management, diverse tracks and scales and hopefuly haved a good time whith this races made only for fun.

Maybe on a little chaotic way but after all we have finished the championship involving efforts from people from diferents parts of the world.

So do you think it worth the efforts to make a 2019 SIP Championship?

It would be great to know if there was anyone no participating on it that followed it and if so , do you find it interesting?

Any opinions and suggestions welcome!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:31 am

For me personally I enjoyed hosting the race. It took a lot of prep getting the cars to be somewhat equal but with the advanced notice I had it was worth it. With the computer handling all the random car failures it took on a new meaning to the race. I would do it again. I have no where to go but up in the series. :lol:
Dave

On a side note though 8 cars should be the limit. Trying to get any more cars to run the same would be quite the challenge.
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:09 am

It's a yes from me. I didn't worry about equalizing the cars as much as figuring a way to make uneven cars more even. I found the results of my handicap system satisfactory though with three lanes there was some difference that occured due to car characteristics that came into play more on the other two lanes.

The IROC cars are a nice offer but it would preclude entry from anyone with an HO track as well as incur shipping costs. One of our club members says that IROC stands for I Regret Offering Cars.

And it's a go from Helen. Last I checked she was studying relative permeability as it relates to slot car motors. That's our girl.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 am

Yes, limiting the series to one scale would take some of the fun out of it. I tend to think in 1/32 scale but have noticed how much HO, 1/43rd, and even 1/24th scale commentary there is on HRW these days. I read them all and learn from the ways others enjoy the hobby.

I'm in favor of a 2019 season and hope we have enough interest to do it. Shelby-Hendrix Speedway is ready to host a race and Slothead Racing is ready to take on the competition.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Racing Bandit » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Enjoyed following the series, being a participant and the banter so it is a definite YES/SI from the Bandit. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:
Racing Bandit

Previous

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!