[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCCA Early Days Proxy - Just Noodling........

SCCA Early Days Proxy - Just Noodling........

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: SCCA Early Days Proxy - Just Noodling........

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 am

Started building a Porsche 904, I have both slimline 14k and 18k motors so keep me posted. I'll take # 3 on this one
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm

One of my all-time favorites, that's for sure!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:57 am

So many cars are possible! I'd be interested as well. Count me in if it becomes a scheduled proxy!
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks Don, I'm sure it will be, but we want to focus on the Can-Am Proxy right now; when it's off and running we'll put up the details on this one. There are some great cars to choose from. I'm thinking maybe two classes; like it was back then in SCCA; stock and modified.

Alaln
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 am

How about one of Brian Lister's Jaguars; they ran SCCA, too........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 pm

If this proxy happens, I would like to participate.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Allan you have created a monster , still building my Can Am but the excitement of the SCCA and F1 has me all distracted lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm

:lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:26 pm

I got a resin birdcage, I’ve been wondering what it’s going to do now I know race time !!!!
Please pm me Allan if this is proxy is a go.....

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:36 pm

It will be a go, Rossko. Look for more details after the Can-Am proxy starts up; probably right after May 1st. A birdcage Maserati would be perfect for this racing series.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 pm

I would be interested.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:27 pm

This proxy will be a go. We just need to get the Can-Am proxy off and running before we dive headlong into this one.

Here's a little something extra for everyone To consider:

I've been in touch with Thompson (studioRS) about decals for this proxy. Thompson has done custom decals for the past two La Carrera PanAmericana proxies and has turned out some very attractive and creative pieces for us. I approached him about doing some division/class designations for the SCCA proxy, so that the cars would have something visual that ties them all together.

SCCA races were, for the most part, broken into Production and Modified divisions. Each division had several classes; A Production, B Production, C Production, etc., and A Modified, B Modified, C Modified, etc. The division/classes were simply labeled on the sides of the car; generally behind the front wheel wells or in front of the rear wheel wells, as: AP, BP, CP, etc. and AM, BM, CM, etc. So, the thought was to do the same thing for the cars in the proxy series. Here are some pics of the division/class logos for some typical SCCA racers:

The idea that we're working on is that Thompson would do a sheet of decals (both divisions;: Production and Modified, and all classes: A, B, C, etc.) on clear decal paper in both a light cream and a black, and a sheet of period logos; including the SCCA Club Racing logo, on white decal paper (because white as the predominant background color). These sheets would be available to every entrant for $5. So, instead of having a $20.00 registration fee, it would be a $25.00 registration fee per car.

Since there were two divisions; Production and Modified, each entrant would be able to field a maximum of two cars; one in the Production division and one in the Modified division; whatever class you wanted to build out. Probably a max of 20 cars per division.

Mull it over and let me know what you think about it.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:49 pm

That actually sounds like a cool idea Allan. I loved the custome ones for the PanAm races, I’m for it.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:25 am

Sounds like great idea, I'm all for it.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 am

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!