Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Re: Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi:

Starting to think about the rules and will have them completed soon... If we were to allow for after market wheels, are the 15 x 8 rims a match to the plastic rims on the Trans Am cars... if yes, what would the urethane tire be as well for sizes? (Paul Gage and Super Tires).
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:01 am

Apologies to Tom and all for not posting sooner......

A really great idea which will get full support and backing.

I'll add a couple of comments....

Wheels: unless you are using a very old (pre-2011) model, the 'loose wheels' issue should be not be occurring. These wheels are now very firmly pressed on.

Tires: These may be a numpty question but....why change the tires from standard?

Track type: I'd like to see 50% of the races on plastic tracks. That will test the cars properly.

Guide blade: unless you're on the old Scaley Classic track, use of the deeper guide, supplied in the spares bag, should be good all round.

In summary, if this proxy initiative is to have any worldwide promotional/marketing value then the message should be: "good, straight out of the box". On the other hand, if this proxy stays within HomeRacingWorld promo circles (and nothing wrong with that, of course), then you could open up the rules and allow tweaks that the average Joe would not attempt, and then make it more of a performance/endurance proxy. A quick poll should sort that decision out.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:01 am

I would run them on my Scaletric sport track. Riverside Ca in 1966
Older photo

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dewman51 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 am

I would be more for the basically straight out of the box type rules with only minimal changes as I am new to this whole thing. Just saying.
Dewman51

Postby eightwheels » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Either one is ok with me, either box stock or a little tweaking. I have both.
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 pm

I would like to first thank everyone who has posted comments about the Pioneer Endurance Proxy. It appears that there is a lot of eager slot heads that want to see this happen and enjoy the Pioneer brand of cars. I have put together some information and rules that make this proxy very inviting to the stock racer and the racer who enjoys modifying his cars. Please see the attachment and provide your comments and thoughts. Let's get this moving forward!!!
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Rules looks good.
I would open more modified: use any motor up to 21.5k, use lightweight interior, sand body post, minimum clearence of 1.5mm. Sidewinder of course.

No magnets in both classes.

Only allowed method of cleaning tires during the race and in between water or tape.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 pm

The rules look good to me, and I'm looking forward to this one...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

The rules look good. I didn't see any reference to magnets in the rules however.

Magnets allowed or no magnets. I ask this in regards to running on plastic track.

Thanks to Jules as well for his input.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 am

Tom

I have a Magnet mashel I can send in with my cars so you can check the magnetic down force of each car.
Love the rules, looks like a great test for Pioneer. :auto-driving:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 am

Hi:

Yes I forgot to include the magnet rules. Magnets will be mandatory in the 'Box Stock' class as the cars are stock. Additional weight can be added by each individual driver in that class. The extra weight added has to be a not magnetized material such as lead as not to give any extra advantage to cars running on plastic track. Also I do like the comment from Radarek about the only tire cleaning and tuning allowed willl be water and tape. No sanding will be allowed to the cars unless the track host contacts the Proxy Administrator to state why he thinks it is necesasry. I still need to think about what else Radarek recommended / proposed for the open class...

. light weight interiors,
. lowering the body post but still have a minimum 1.5 mm clearance
. up to a 21.5 k motor (If we decide we should use motors up to this level, it still will only be a side winder configuration)

What does everyone think??? If you have not reviewed the rules package, please read them and provide your comments and questions.

Also if I was not clear with the rules, there will be two classes running (Box Stock and Modified) with results being posted for each class for car placement. This should be a fun proxy and I am excited about it.

Tom Coulas
Pioneer Distributor
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am

Please put me in for #35 Mustang
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 am

Sorry I can not get the rules to come up on my laptop. something about buy office to get in to it?
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 am

Just in case
Radarek modified class #27
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Here are the rules for anyone that cannot open them up. I had no problem, is anyone else experiencing this problem?? Also for anyone who missed it, the box stock will require the original magnet that came with the model you are using. You can extra weight but it has to be a non-magnetized material. I will send the package out again once I hear from everyone who has questions.

Tom

In organizing this proxy and listening to the feedback provided so far, here are the rules for the PIONEER ENDURANCE PROXY.

There will be two classes of Pioneer cars run in this proxy race

1. 'Box Stock'
2. 'Modified'

Box Stock Rules

As the name suggests, these Pioneer cars in this class will have to be basically stock right out of the box. This allows for almost everyone to participate and have a competitive car in this endurance proxy class. Any car produced by the Pioneer Slot Car Company is allowed. They have a vast assortment of 'muscle cars'.

Mustangs - Notchbacks and Fastbacks
Camaros
Chargers

The only exceptions to this rule are:

. The chassis can be sanded around the edges to allow for 'body float'. There are absolutely no other modifications to the body. That means the interior, glass and any other features on the car have to remain original and cannot be trimmed or shaved to lighten the car. This includes the body posts.
. The original tires that came with the car can be sanded to ensure that they are true but cannot be taken down to the point where they significantly lower the car body.
. The original magnet must stay in the car that it came with from the factory.
. Extra weight can be added to the car but it needs to be placed within the chassis and not on the bottom or visible anywhere and must be of non-magnetic material.
. The original traction magnet that came with the Pioneer model you are using must be intact as this box stock.
. The original guide that comes with the standard Pioneer can be replaced with the deeper guide that is included in the parts bag on the bottom of the base. The original factory braids must be used in the guide.
. The 18 k Pioneer Typhoon motor is the standard in many models but some cars have higher rpm motors and these are allowed. Having a faster motor is not always an advantage, especially if some tracks are shorter and are more technical. Also the cars will be run on a mixture of plastic and wood surfaces. The car you pick must have the original motor size that it was manufactured with.
. Any two-digit number can be picked and must be placed on the doors hood and trunk. Please reserve your number and note that some numbers have been already reserved, so look at the posts in this thread to ensure that you do not have the same number as someone else.
. Car owners name and body screw adjustment information on car underside is mandatory.

Modified Rules

Again as the name suggests, the Pioneer car can be slightly modified as per the following rules:

The original Pioneer chassis must be used and cannot be modified by cutting sections out and using separate motor pods. The chassis however can be sanded around the edges to allow for 'body float'. There are absolutely no other modifications to the rest of the car body. That means the interior, glass and any other features on the car have to remain original and cannot be trimmed or shaved to lighten or lower the car.
. Light weight interiors can be used but they must include the representation of a dashboard top and cover the entire body cavity. Vacuum formed interior pieces may be used. Driver figure is required with a representation of a helmeted head, shoulders and arms. The sfigure should be able to see over the dash and out the windshield. The original glass windows must also be used as well.
. After market wheels, gears, pinions, axles, bushings (no ball or roller bearings) can be used. The standard after market wheels should be no larger that 15mm x 8.0 mm and need to have an appropriate insert. They can be metal or plastic.
. Any after market guide can be used but must be entirely under the body and not visible when viewed from above.
. Extra weight can be added to the car but it needs to be placed within the chassis and not on the bottom of the chassis or visible anywhere. The original traction magnet must be removed.
. Tires can be any rubber compound or urethane compound and have to be as close to the size of the original Pioneer tires as possible. Silicone tires of any sort are not allowed. Tires must be fully under the fenders and do not project beyond the bodywork when viewed from above and are not to be wider than 11.0 mm. The tires cannot be treated with any form of tire treatment or oil and the front tires are not to be nail polished or clear coated.
. Any 18 k motor of your choice from any manufacturer is permitted if you choose to change out the original Pioneer motor.
. Any two-digit number can be picked and must be placed on the doors hood and trunk. Please reserve your number but note that some numbers have been already reserved, so look at the posts in this thread to ensure that you do not have the same number as someone else.
. Car owners name and body screw adjustment information on car underside is mandatory.

Additional Rules And Information For Both Classes

. The Pioneer Endurance Proxy would begin in the month of March of 2018 but the cars would need to be in Edmonton no later than February 23rd in Edmonton AB at the GetCars Race Way.
. I hope to get 10 tracks assigned and have a mixture of plastic and wood. These would be hosted in Canada and the USA as to keep the costs down. Cars will be sent to me and the actual race would begin in Canada and then venture into the U.SA.
. The costs will be 25.00 American for one car and 40.00 for two. Payment will be due at the time the cars need to arrive. Cars can also be purchased for 80.00 American which would include your registration fee. Please contact me for that information if you are interested.
. There will be prizes awarded and these will be announced on a future date.
. An initial inspection of all cars will be completed prior to the first race to ensure that adhere to the rules in their class.
. Track hosts will qualify the cars in order to determine running order. An example would be too take the best lap out of 10 running laps for each car. These results would be posted prior to the actual race.
. The individual track host would determine Lane and driver rotations.
. Track voltage will be set at between 10 to 12 volts and shall be equal for all cars. (Assigned track hosts will inform the proxy of what voltage they are running at).
. The actual race format will be like most proxies where the finishing order for each round and the entire race series will be determined by total distance covered. Each heat will be 3 minutes in length per lane and for all the lanes on the hosting track.
. Each car will be raced in a fair and equal manner and subject to the same track conditions.
. A running inspection of the cars is to be made before and after each race. Cars may be cleaned as needed. The only tire cleaning allowed is tape rolling and non-chemical liquids such as water. Minor adjustments may be made prior to the car being raced without penalty. If a car breaks during a race the track host may repair that car and it may return to that heat if there is enough time. If there is a major repair required, the track host can contact the owner to determine if the damaged car will be sent home for repair between races. This will be done at the car owners expense and if the car is forwarded to the next event, it will be also at the owner’s expense.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Tom Coulas
Last edited by midagekid1 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy 2018