[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi:

My name is Thomas Coulas and I am the Pioneer Distributor For Canada. I would like to put together a Proxy that will run Pioneer cars only. So that means Mustangs, both Notchback and Fastback, Camaros and Chargers. The rules would be very simple. Keep the cars stock except for the tires which would have to be urethane. Everything else would be stock including the chassis, interiors, wheels, axles, guides and the motor size would be limited to the Typhoon 18000 rpm. Individual numbers would be assigned as there would be repetitive cars running in the field. Cars could also be detailed to real liveries or fantasy liveries as well. Cars could be individually tuned by the racers.. Right now I am just generating some interest in seeing who would like to host and would participate in this race. This race if it happens would be sometime in 2018 around February or March.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby Austin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:47 pm

You would have one mustang from NH
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:08 pm

WOW :text-bravo:
What a great idea. :handgestures-thumbup:
I'd like to be a part of this deal,
It would be a Camaro for sure for me. :auto-chevybowtie:
Lets see what the racers think,
There's some great drivers here at HRW. :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:

bigman BIG Fan :text-thankyouyellow:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Sounds like fun, I would like do give it a try. Either a Ford or Chevy. With magnets?
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:10 pm

I would be in.I think I have a Charger. If not I will purchase one.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Looks like I just bought my 1st Pioneer #33 please! I assume no magnet but weight may be added and can you swap bushings? This is the 1st of many questions you will receive.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm in Bud, with #13...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Glad to see some great comments and questions. This is new for me so all help will be accepted. I think from some of the responses so far...

Original magnets can be left in. I think most of the courses will be wood and I would like to see at least 75% of the racing be on wood tracks. Plastic courses would also be allowed and would offer some different racing due to the magnets.

Tuning can be anything the car builder wants as long as the original components are kept so the bushings need to be what the car came with...

I would also want the body to stay as original as possible so that means keeping the wheel wells the same and no sanding the body panels to take off weight.

Keep up the questions so I can this right....
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 pm

If anyone is looking for a Pioneer car for the proxy, just contact me as I have a lot of the models in stock.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Just another random comment.... the Pioneer cars also come with a spare parts bag under the base and contain a wood guide which can be used.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:19 pm

If this event comes to pass, I would get a Pioneer car from you.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:38 am

No disrespect taken.... this was not to take business away from the local hobby shop's around Canada and the U.S., and I appreciate you wanting to support these shops as they are like most small businesses today, struggling to make a dollar... In Canada because of the overall economy, there are only a very few shops willing to carrying the Pioneer line and this was to ensure if anyone was interested in this Proxy, that they would be able to get a car easily for Canadian dollars. Again please support your local hobby shop if possible and let's make this Proxy a success.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dewman51 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 am

Sounds great!! I already have a few pioneer cars -- but can always use more Mustangs and Camaros!! I'll keep watching. This would be my 1st try at proxy racing!! Maybe I will have my track done by then.
Dewman51

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:35 am

I will attempt to get a list of rules together for this proxy this weekend and please provide feedback... Let's get this going!!! If you are interested in participating, please let me know asap as there will be a limit of cars allowed and also if you want to host, please give details of your track and location. I hope to get at least 10 tracks or more if that is possible. :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Tom
midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy 2018