[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Re: Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby Beast Lee » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm

What about modifying the body posts, to be able to lower the body or enhance that muscle car rake...?

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Last edited by Slot GT on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 pm

I have Pioneer cars to enter and also a wood track to host if it's okay to use my system of recording lap times for all the cars and then run the data through my program to simulate a multi-car race. I love the idea of promoting a car that is popular on HRW and will be stock so costs are kept down and it won't turn into an arms race.

In about 6 years of racing Pioneer cars on my oval and road course I've only lost one rear wheel and that was quickly resolved with a dab of super glue a year ago. Pioneer has made it's niche by releasing Trans Am cars, and aside from the inventiveness of Penske and Donohue, it was intended to be for predominately stock muscle cars. It seems reasonable that we replicate that too. I'm fine with limiting changes to urethane tires and the Pioneer guide for wood tracks (though this might cause problems on plastic tracks, so a 'one size fits all' solution' might be needed).

If I'm in I'll enter a notch back Mustang with PG tires.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:51 pm

The idea of this proxy is interesting, but I guess I'd have to see a fleshed out set of rules first. Tuning for both plastic and wood with magnets in?....

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:53 pm

I think do without the magnets
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:32 pm

OK I looked and found a Pioneer Mustang. I know I have a Charger somewhere. Got to keep looking.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 pm

I have had some requests for replacing the rear wheels as some Pioneer cars have had the issue of the wheels getting loose due the fact that the axle is smooth and the wheel is pressed on...what do you think as a group? Keep the original wheels or allow for rear replacement wheels that are the same dimensions. If we decide to keep the original wheels, what penalty should be assigned if the wheels come loose during the heats. .would the track host be responsible for gluing the wheels back on?? What should the penalty be for this?? Trying to flush out any potential issues.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Austin whats #17 Mustang.

1st the urethane must be the same size as the stock tires.
If this is a Pioneer enduance race maybe JULES would like some input.
I love the look of the stock wheels and never had one come off. I will run the stock wheels
C.B. Design Wheels makes great wheel, They look great with CG Slotcars 5-Spoke Torq Thrust Wheel Inserts (Trans-Am era) for 15mm wheels and Paul Gage Tires but would need to change all 4 for that good looking car.

What penalty should be assigned if the wheels come loose during the heats, the time it takes to stop the race with a track call,
track host be responsible for gluing the wheels and other easy repairs.
Last edited by Austin on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:07 pm

1, Austin #17 Mustang hardtop
2, Bigman Camaro
3, eightwheel
4, Arroldn Charger
5, Brumos RSR #33
6, Beast Lee #13
7, Dewman51
8 ,Slot GT #25
9, Slothead Mustang
10, Pepsi62 #62
Last edited by Austin on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I would certainly be interested in this one
love the pioneer cars, have had wheels fall off tho( front and rear) at various stages and usually in the heat of battle and when I'm running up the front. Most occurred in the earlier models.
#62 probably a Camaro, maybe a Charger not sure yet
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 am

Do you have the twin pack with the 96 camaro ?
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Got the two Camaros from Canada, fast shipping, great deal, Thanks. Lets not let this proxy die

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 543&type=3
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Last edited by Slot GT on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Interested but would need to see the rules. :text-thankyouyellow:
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy 2018