[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - V solo racing season. Eleventh round and Final

V solo racing season. Eleventh round and Final

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: V solo racing season. eleventh round and final

Postby vonsirius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 am

Last edited by vonsirius on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Eleventh round and Final

Postby vonsirius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hksk25 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:46 am

Unbelievable, is it an automatic DNF if car goes on or over fence? Oh well, would have liked to race Chappy in final! A podium it is.

Harry
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 am

Barc Racing Headquarters

"We are stunned. This is like a shoot out in hockey only worse. Some how the two cars who ended up tied for first place after a season long series are bumped to the bottom on a coin toss, run off. I guess you are only as good as your last race. I can only assume Feathers Mcgraw was somehow involved in the tie breaking formula, because it smells really fishy.

The team had a great year, and the season long points total has us tied for first. We will take this for what it is. A great season. However the result is not lost on us. You can never let anyone dictate the outcome. you have to be good enough to leave no doubt. One more point during the season would have cliched us the title, and not opened the door to the "fish formula".

Congrats to Chappy. The top runners were really close and a few more point earned by either of the top four would have resulted in a straight forward clear winner.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:13 am

Elra Park press note;

We have to clear some points on the final race that maybe we didn´t explain properly;

When a car finished for whatever reason upon the fences, we presume that a crane was needed to rescue it so it´s a DNF result. (During the series it happened sometimes).

The reason to use a coin to decide the races it´s that the first race against the fourth and the second against the third ( so theorically it´s easier to the first to win) , so any of the top four drivers haved chances to won the series.

I write this ´cause I feel that didn´t explained it well :D

Vonsirius Racing After series report:

Despite the fact to win two races at the Trans Am series, we consider this season an awful one. Beeing the last at the series again it´s not an option, so we invite Mr. Mc Draw to leave the team, we want fresh air (not fishy) the next season!

Mr McDraw press note:

Finaly at Vonsirius racing didn´t understod a genius like me.

I assure them that this was a season to tune the team and be the first next, but once again they want inmediatly results.

I´m free now to join a new team, so I will accept offers.

Mr. Vonsirius and Mr. BARC , let me said you that honey was not made for pigs!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Nice finish for the season for the Beta March, hard fought contest for sure and I think our driver got better towards the end for a strong finish. Cannot complain about 10th overall.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:02 am

CJR RACING is not happy with the way the series turned out. There will be the lingering questions about, not using the V16, too much traveling between Colorado and Japan, horrible livery, but CJR RACING vows to return, and has already started the off-season training with a steady diet of sushi and adult beverages. When the next season begins CJR RACING will be ready and rested.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello, just to prepare next season I want to ask you a pair of questions;

It's 11 races too much?
Do you prefer the 9 races schedule, althought it means less teams?

Do you like the final phase or you prefer just a points championship?

Any suggestions welcome from teams and spectators alike.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Well BARC really came up on wrong side of the format that was used this year. Personally I believe you let the seasons points determine the championship, and in the event of a tie you look to see what team had more first place finishes. The process used this year seems a little strange, but hey that is just me, and the end of the day it is all about having fun. The process that was used opened up the possibility of an upset, and in fact that is what happened. All the top four were very close, and all BARC needed to do was have one extra point along the way and the championship was ours as there would have been no need for the run off. The thing that was most strange is the fact that the two teams who tied for first, started a race off formula that ultimately bumped the two top teams from being the eventual champion. I have no idea why the cars that finished below the two top teams need to be involved in this race off. In the gold medal game in hockey the two top teams play off. Winner gets gold and the loser gets silver, Bronze is determined by the 3rd and 4th place teams playing off. So if this process was used BARC and Hksk would have raced for the championship and Chappy and Dangermouse would have been racing for third. This of course is only if you think a playoff is necessary. I am pretty sure F1 goes by points, and then first place finishes to determine the winner in the event of a tie. If they are still tied, then the include second and finally third place finishes. They certainly don't race more.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:43 am

CJR RACING will probably never be in the mix, but respect the rules of the organizers.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 am

Well, I think we are making this up as we go and as far as I know there never were any rules indicating the process for ending a tie to respect :D Being involved in this series is all about having fun along the way. The final result this year was fun, and it opened up more chances for others to take the championship. Maybe we look at how a champion is decided in NHL hockey. Take the top 8 and have them playoff against each other. 1 races 8, 2 races 7, 3 races 6, 4 races 5. The winners keep racing until a champion is chosen This method holds the hope of a championship open for more. As long as your chosen car has made it to the top eight you have a chance to win it all. This kind of racing is a spectator sport, and to keep interest up it might very well be better to adopt a process that keeps more cars in it longer. Even if your car is not the best, it still might be good enough, with a little luck, to take it all.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:29 am

I don't have any complaints about how championships have been decided, and not just because my team has never been a factor. Our guys love having a reason to get away from the wife and kids, check out the umbrella girls, and besides Mrs. Grump bakes very tasty pies and cookies - who knew? As long as you don't end up with a bookie trying to break your knees it's all good.

There are a lot of ways that could be used to name a champion - overall points with best finishes as the tie breaker, playoffs where standings get you in but don't provide an advantage, or even a round-robin type tournament. In the tournament cars at the bottom race each other with the winner advancing to race higher ranked cars. Such as for 8 cars - 7 & 8 race with the winner racing 6, and that winner racing 5 and so on. The last place car in the tournament would need to win every race to claim the championship, while the leader waits to see who gets to the final race and just needs that one win to be champion. To keep the total time needed reasonable, have both cars run their laps in the same lane so only one race per pair is needed.

Once again, it really doesn't matter to me, I just like racing and thinking about it.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:21 pm

The last season was no different to the other four before.
There´s a regular phase where all drivers race each others , and then the top four race semis ;1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd.

The two winners race each other for first , second place at a final ,while the losers race for third, four place.

The only difference this year it´s that it was a tie ,so a coin decided who will race against the third and four.

This kind of competition it´s used for example, on the Top 14 Rugby (France) and other competitions.

The advantage of it it´s that at least four teams will have a chance to win the championship at last race.
On the other hand will make some "unfair· results. If I remember well the Saracens (a London Rugby team) won all matches but the last, some years ago in an European competition!

Anyway that´s a friendly championship and I got no problems to change the rules as long as it not means a very long season , I think it`s no good to long too much time , teams loosing interest on it and also I got not all the time I wanted to have(Family, job,,,you know).
The goal of this series it´s have fun!

So your opinions and suggestions are more than welcome!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 pm

If this is how all the rest were decided, then it is my ignorance of this fact, that has me suggesting anything else. I never realized that a playoff was going to be used to decide the winner. If this was the case then it worked perfectly.

This is a fun series , and the cost to participate is nothing. I find the fun in the bogus reporting and team comments, the result on the track is unimportant. With this in mind the more teams you can give a chance to win, the better to keep more interest in following.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 pm

I had a ton of fun again lots of laughs and good natured ribbing, and win , lose, or draw, I am a happy camper . Joe Dirt and the boys are celebrating as usual, but Boomer our Hound seems to have run off somewhere chasing Lassie.
We have the Tyrrell under wraps in the cow barn and have put the tools into the chicken hutch for the off season. So with race time being over for a bit , it's back to the still in the woods to make some moonshine and fuel for next season
Thanks Von for another great season
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!