V solo racing season. Eleventh round and Final

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: V solo racing season. Seventh round.

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am

Sorry I haven't been in the paddock much recently. Mrs. Grump and I got into an argument awhile back and I ended up telling her if she thought she could do any better go ahead, take over the team. So then what happens - we actually won both races in round 6. With my face fully covered with egg (American expression meaning embarrassment) I had to return with my tail between my legs (American expression meaning someone that's been put in their place) and beg to be allowed back. Once back with the team I started bragging about how we were finally on the right track and were going to kick everyone's backside from now on. I even found a bookie (American slang for someone who's smarter that you think) who took a big bet from me that we'd sweep our races in round 7 as we did in round 6. Then after losing the first race I made it double or nothing that we'd at least split races, and now that we lost both races (again) I'm on the run (again) because I don't have the money to pay off the bookie (American slang for a guy who breaks bones when he's mad).

If you see a big guy chewing on a cigar who's looking for me, please tell him I went to the bank. Meanwhile, I'm going to put on a disguise and find something to hide behind.

Slothead
slothead
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:44 am

Ive seen cars in a slow drift, but i think im on a slow slide, 2 points back 4 points back now 7 points back. This slide has to stop before im chasing myself.
So All you front runners , the gauntlet has been thrown down , if you see me in your rearciew mirror , get ready for a battle, but if you see me in your front wi dshield please wave as you go by lol
Bob
The future is in our hands, choose wisely
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CJR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

CJR RACING has recently completed more high altitude testing and is looking forward to turning the rest of the season around. The recent run of poor results has caused a little dissent in the team. But the high altitude of the secret training facility in Colorado has the team back on track and focused on results. There is no truth to the rumors that we are considering fitting the V-16.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 pm

The McLaren team keeps digging - but finding the balance between traction and handling seems to be allusive! With talk of investment in new suspension components stalled until next season, the team is going to have to look at other options to get the red & white racer to hook up and stay in the racing groove...
(latest update... it appears as though a call has been placed to Bismuth & Lead Specialties for some specially designed ballast blocks to lower the center of gravity and provide a bit more tire bite! Will it work? The McLaren team is hopeful - but the proof is in the next race!)
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: V solo racing season. Eigth round.

Postby vonsirius » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 am

On a nice , sunny day the eight of eleven round took place.
Twelve teams battling to be among the four top and pass to the final phase.
Some teams have became an also run cars but the championship it´s still open!

#4 Chappy (Tyrrell) vs # 20 Frank9219 (Ferrari)

Ferrari team was making an intense work , his B3 evolve from a "back row car" to a very competitive one.
Chappy´s was still at the top but seems to be at his limit whith no more room to enance performance.

An excelent start of Frank whith Chappy side to side from start to the end, Frank was ahead by 0.03 seconds.

Second race saw also a fantastic Ferrari , Chappy ran very well but was unable to be overlaped.

Perhaps less time at the local pub knowed now as "Chappy´s Arms" and more time at the workshop will have some results!

#8 CJR (BRM) vs #20 Slothead (Wolf)

During test laps Slothead´s car suffers from an electrical failure and despite the arguments between Slothead and Mrs, Grump, finally Slothead himself take the welding machine and change the electrical cable for a silicone ones.

Coming directly from Colorado, having testing the BRM and race tuned her, CJR went to the track whith a lot of confidence.

When the Union Jack fell , CJR went like a rocket but whith Slothead nose to tail, CJR won but only by 0,04 seconds.

Second race was a copy of the first, this time Slothead closer, just 0,02 seconds ahead!

Bittersweet taste for slothead and six points for BRM team.

#26 Dangermouse (Ligier) vs #10 Vonsirius (March)

Not so much to tell, the six wheeler was no worry to the Ligier who it´s performing very well lately!
Two relatively easy victories for Dangermouse.

#9 Z-carfan (March) vs #7 CARacing (Shadow)

Intensive testing at Z´s HQ there at Galena, A correct power/driving balance seems to be acheived.
Meanwhile Shadow team just arrived from South Africa was doing an intensive test at Elra Park´s facilities.

Two fantastic races, both cars so close that we have to take a look at the lap counter/ timer who see who was the winner!

Both races won by the orange March by 0,13 and 0.04 seconds.

#11 TuscoTod (McLaren) vs #5 Hksk25 (Lotus)

What a race! the non JPS sponsored car side by side to the non Marlboro sponsored car! When the chequered flag fell both drivers has the same laps and time, 3 well earned points each!

Second race was as close as the first but this time Hksk was able to be 0,04 seconds faster.

The improvements that the Ohio based team did seems to be a succes!

Bob Plermo´s historical notes; James Hunt began a new career as TV comentator in 1980. Just two days after comenting the ´93 Canadian GP , died from a heart attack.

#14 Artús (Copersucar) vs #41 BARC (March)

The yellow car it´s now very race tuned while the March it´s a fantastic car whith a good power and balance that make it very fast.

First race was furious from the start whith no deslots, BARC beated Artús who was overlaped.
Second race was the same but by surprise of the 1:32 scale atendance. this time was the March the overlaped car!

Bob Palermo´s technical notes; Elra Park it´s using the Carrera lap timer. It allows an extra lap if you pass under the brige 0,01 seconds before the times ends, so sometimes a 0,01 second difference can finish as an overlaped car, as it was this time.

Glad faces at Copersucar´s box who beat the powerful BARC team, anyway BARC it´s firmly leading the series.

#41 BARC (March)43points

#26 Dangermouse (Ligier)41points

#5 Hksk25 (Lotus) 39points

#4 Chappy (Tyrrell)36points
#20 Frank9219 (Ferrarri) 36points

#8 CJR racing (BRM) 35points
#14 Artús (Copersucar) 35points

#11 TuscoTodd (McLaren) 34points

#7 CARacing (Shadow) 33points

#9 Z-carfan (March)31points

#10 Vonsirius (March)26points
#20 Slothead (Wolf) 26points

Three round to come and will be a hard battle to be at the top four,
Dangermouse it´s pressing hard and alot of teams whith real options behind,

The overpowered cars seems to have found a solution to their handling problems , perhaps a little bit late.

See you next race .
Last edited by vonsirius on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Hallo to All,
the feeling is one of tension and concern, in the CARacing camp. "Sliding back on the score board with every race, is not where we would like to be"...was the official statement from Spinner Wheely. The entire team was given the next week off so everyone can spend quality time with there families and friends. "When you are pushing too hard, it is sometimes better to relase the tension and relax for a short time. Lets get back to basics when we come back." with this Spinner and Wren reserved there seats at the local watering hole...Pit Stop Pub.......

Cheers
Clive
CARacing
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Nineth Round

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 am

All teams again at Elra Park, on a windy but wet day.

#41 BARC (March) vs #8 CJR racing (BRM)

First race saw a conservative BARC racing well without risking to avoid deslots while CJR risking finally was able to overtake the March and even overlap BARC!
A nice victory, seems that was a lot of work done at Colorado.

BARC was not taked by surprise this time and won relatively easy.

Anyway seems that BARC it´s losing some momentum at just 2 rounds to the end of the series.

#5 Hksk (Lotus) vs #20 Frank9219 (Ferrari)

The Lotus team it´s in a good moment their car run smoothly and fast, gave no option to the blue Ferrari, despite two Frank´s good races both victories went to Hksk team.

#7 CARacing (Shadow) vs #14 Artús (Copersucar)

A fantastic start from the Brazilian car, took the leading but a mistake at the esses made posible CARacing to overtook! a victory to the black car.

The second race saw CARacing leading from start to the end, having the catalan driver still problems at the esses.

#9 Z-carfan (March) vs #4 Chappy (Tyrrell)

Excellent Chappy´s races that gave no option to Galena based team.

Chappy seems to be at the battle again!

#10 Vonsirius (March) vs #11 TuscoTodd (McLaren)

Soon Vonsirius realized that he has nothing to do against the white/red car, as expected it was an easy victory for the Ohio based team.

At second race Vonsirius decided to drive to the limit hoping that TuscoTodd make a mistake due to the pressing, but was Vonsirius that lose control at the esses finishing upside down, it was an spectacular accident but Vonsirius was unharmed a complete disaster for the Catalan team!

#20 Slothead (Wolf) vs #26 Dangermouse (Ligier)

After the last repairs, the Wolf it´s going well, while the Ligier seems unstopable now.

Side to side action, winning Dangermouse but only 0.03 seconds ahead.

Second race was better for the Australian that was able to overlap the Wolf.

#26 Dangermouse (Ligier) 47points
#41 BARC (March)47points

#5 Hksk25 (Lotus) 46points

#4 Chappy (Tyrrell) 42points

#11 TuscoTodd (McLaren) 40points

#7 CARacing (Shadow) 39points
#8 CJR racing (BRM) 39points

#14 Artús (Copersucar) 38points
#20 Frank9219 (Ferrari) 38points

#9 Z-carfan (March) 33points

#20 Slothead (Wolf) 29points

#10 Vonsirius (March) 27points

A close series whith two drivers at first place.
Only two rounds ahead.
Waiting for your press notes.
See you next round!
Last edited by vonsirius on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Nineth round.

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:11 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 am

BARC Racing Headquarters

BARC Team Manager

"We gained some necessary points and it was enough to keep us in the lead, even though we are now sharing it. This was never going to be easy and I want to encourage the team to stay focused on the next couple of races. We are in a real fight for the championship and do not want to come second again this year. How we finish in the next couple of races will determine if we win or lose the championship. We have fought all year to get us to this point, and it all comes down to beating our opponents in the next 2 races. We have a car that is capable but it is no cake walk. The driver must get the most out of the machine at this point in the season.

Without doubt we will be focused. This is crunch time, and we must get the most out of the car
Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Another race day here at Elra Park, like in the actual weather some showers falling for few moments.

Last chance to some of the teams to have options to pass to the final phase, raining during first races, let´s see what happened:

#8 CJR racing (BRM) vs #7 CARacing (Shadow)

Both teams whith the same points and needing to score as much points the better!

It seems that CJR went better under the falling rain than the Shadow , maybe needs more speed to refresh the engine (remenber that under rain conditions cars run at lower voltage), a not very succesful pit stop finished to gave CJR a clear victory!

Second race was a lot different. whith the wet track the American car was a lot faster a deslot from CJR on lap 11 finished whith his options, a Shadow victory this time.

4 points each, so another round whith a split.

#26 Dangermouse (Ligier) vs #41 BARC (March)

People was expecting this race! The top two drivers whith the same points at the top of the score board. It was now an official affair for France that even sended a pair of gendarmes to avoid any atemp of sabotage.

BARC team didn´t lose time , just arrived at Elra Park made an extensive work in their March, reoiling parts, changing braid and so on.

Under a falling rain both drivers waited for the semaphore to gave the start signal.
The Australian driver took the leadership of the race and didn´t left it. Under the rain the "tea tray· was not as fast as BARC expected.

The sun shone again and both drivers seemed to be determined to win, the blue car was fast again but so it was the red one!
This time was the March who pass first the finish line.

The split goes on!

#5 Hksk25 (Lotus) vs #4 Chappy (Tyrrell)

The Pennsylvania based team are doing an excellent series despite some braking problems in the Lotus.

Chappy was not happy when looked at the clouds, fearing for rain, he haved problems racing under rain in the past , the Tyrrell seemed to be very affected by rain.
To avoid problems an intensive braids cleaning was done.

Wow, what a races! both drivers side to side all race, even at the pit stop, under a big water spray both drivers pass under the Carrera lap counter.
After some minutes of tense awaiting, Race director anounced that Chappy was the winner by 0,04 seconds!

If not being for the wet track, we can believe that the second race was exactly the same race, another time Chappy won by 0,04 seconds, amazing!

#14 Artús Copersucar vs #9 Z-carfan (March)

Despite the falling rain, Artús made a fantastic start and was leading the race , but on lap 21 , heavy braking at the haipin whith the wet track finished on a deslot, while Artús waits the marshalls to fix a "crossed braid" saw how the orange March passed and ran away into the rain, victory for Z!

The second race saw a faster Copersucar leading from the start to the cheqered flag fell.

#20 Frank2919 (Ferrari) vs #10 Vonsirius (March)

Not too much to tell here; the blue Ferrari was superior to the six wheeler winning both races, despite Vonsirius efforts.

The March has evolved from the begining of the series but itsn´t clearly a competitive car. Being at the bottom of the score board it´s something that Mr. McDraw will be asked for!

Ferrari team it´s performing well lately whith a well tuned car despite of his weight and open RX motor.

#11 TuscoTodd (McLaren) vs # 20 Slothead (Wolf)

Wolf team seems to have at last a good tuned car, evidently it´s too late to have any chance on this series but maybe this gained experience will be useful next season.

Slothead beats twice the Ohio team´s McLaren.
The red/white car persists to lose grip at middle race whithout aparent reason!

#26 Dangermouse (Ligier) 51points
#41 BARC (March)51points

#5 Hksk25 (Lotus) 50points

#4 Chapppy (Tyrrell) 48points

#7 CARacing (Shadow) 42points
#8 CJR racing (BRM)42points
#11 TuscoTodd (Mc Laren) 42points
#14 Artús (Copersucar) 42points
#20 Frank9219 (Ferrari) 42points

#9 Z-carfan (March) 37points

#20 Slothead (Wolf) 35points

#10 Vonsirius (March) 29points

Only one round to come.

How things are?
Dangermouse,Barc and Hksk will pass to the final phase wathever results, Chappt only needs to finish a race to be.

If Chappy has not points at next round (nearly impossible), 5 drivers can fight whith him if they win both races.

On the lower part, Slothead only needs to finish a race to avoid to be the last, that will be Vonsirius team.

Let´s see...

Last race and final next week!

Here at Elra Park encourage teams and spectators alike to leave comments, it´s this that keeps this series alive!
Last edited by vonsirius on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Tenth round.

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 pm

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:44 am

BARC Racing Headquarters

BARC Manager publicity shot

" The team really needs to double down and go for broke. I was disappointed that we never made it to to the top three in the Trans Am, and I have been looking for the chassis man for some explanation on that. However things are going well in the F1 show, and we are in a real dogfight right to the end with other challengers nipping at our heels. it is not easy running this team. The demands of my time are enormous, and the photo shoots are an annoyance at this time of the year, but the show must go on. The team will take some time to relax. We have been here before, and we can't let out nerves get the better of us. Everyone knows their job and all we have to do is execute. I can't wait for the final race in this season."

BARC Team building exercises
Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 am

Well it appears that The Tyrell of Chappys team had a much better outing than expected. Going in we knew this would be a tough ,mperhaps the toughest run of the season for us against team Hksk . Harry is at the top of his game and always a threat to be taken seriously. The leader board is very close for positions and unless a sudden secret is discovered , the final round will be a historic finish to,the season.
Everything is out there now , nothing left to find , its all up to the drivers and the equipment holding up. Good luck to all in this impending season ending spectacular event.
Joe Dirt !,
Team Manager
The future is in our hands, choose wisely
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CJR » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:29 pm

CJR RACING has already made the team decision to finish out this season with few changes, while exploring options for next year. Clearly there are some changes needed if CJR RACING is to break into the top levels.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!