[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Great Hudson Hullabaloo Build Off 2017! Q Run is in!!

The Great Hudson Hullabaloo Build Off 2017! Q Run is in!!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: The Great Hudson Hullabaloo Build Off 2017!!!!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue May 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Mike - great to see you are getting in on this as well!
:handgestures-thumbup:

I had my SCC parts show up today! So those, combined with what I had here, have me starting with...
:D

JAWS motor
9T pinion
30T crown
JK motor bracket
CB Design ribless steelies
Paul Gauge 1/24 PGT K&B Goodyear tires for the rear and 1/24 PGT Revell 1/24 Goodyear Rears for the front (have to narrow up the wheels a bit to make them look right)
Parma 1/8" axles and bushings
JK black guide (to help it blend in)

Looking forward to receiving the body later this week and starting to work on this one - should be a great time!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Thu May 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Just curious Todd, why the 2 different tire types for front and rear?
On narrowing the front wheel, are you talking about turning them so they are not as thick width wise? (Trying to vision out how I'm going to do it as I've not done 1/24 chassis before).
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu May 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Mike -
To answer your questions...
- Why the two different widths? - I had the skinny tires here and figured, based on their tread / sidewall design, they would look the part. The rears are new to me and are the same general diameter as the narrower front tires but wider - so I figured I would would press them into service on the rear. I am going for a more "independent racer" look with mine - and having taller side wall / stock looking tires hopefully will aid that look (at least that is the hope) :D

- On narrowing the front wheels - yes, I am talking width wise. The wheels are wider than the tires I am using so I want to narrow them up so as to not have a bunch of wheel visible to the inside and to make the rim look a little less "deep dish" on the front side (plan to take a bit off the front face of the rear wheels as well for the same reason) - again, the thought is to make it look a bit more like a "stock" independent campaigner type car. :D

Looking forward to starting to dig into this this weekend!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu May 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Yea! Body is here!
Had to do a little mock up with the wheel / tire combo I am planning...
:mrgreen:

This is going to be a very fun build!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 am

Very cool Todd, I like where you are going. Thanks for the info, your 'independent' racer idea sounds cool, looking forward to seeing it.

I spent most of my time the other day cleaning up the body from the 'started' kit I bought of the bay. Man I am going through the 1000 and 2000 grit. Glue finger prints, red painted chrome pieces and random red paint runs... I wish I had seen the body kit deal you had BEFORE I bought this wreck.
Oh well. I have it mostly in control now, at least as far as the body goes.

I tried the old 91% isopropyl alcohol on the chrome parts. well, most of the red came off however, so did the chrome. I now have invested in one of the chrome pens everyone is using. We will see how that goes.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 05, 2017 8:36 am

Prepare for a shock. Those things are magic.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 05, 2017 8:56 am

Yes indeed, this is getting good!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm in...ordered the same Tusco Todd "Hudson" deal on the bay today and will be putting an order into SCC once I get off here!!! Not sure if chassis will be a scratcher or HR!! Will post some pics once I get started !!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Hooray!!!

I finally found a 1/32nd monkey to be Jocko Flock. That's the last thing on my list, and now I'll finish it up. A trio of NASCAR historic Hudson Hornets, 1952-53.

Imagine what that pink mohair interior looked like in Tim Flock's car after a few laps with Jocko on board!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat May 06, 2017 5:37 am

Mike - Glad to see that you are winning the fight with the red paint! Bummer about the chrome loss - but I think you will be impressed with the performance of the chrome markers - they do a nice job!

Broman62 - welcome to the fun! I think this going to end up making one impressive field of cars!

Way - Having the monkey "Co-Driver" is way cool!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's build shape up!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Sun May 07, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Nice looking builds guys!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Updated the Jocko Flocko post previous.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Rob - just wow. What a lineup!!! Send them out to me and I'll make sure they are WELL inspected.

NO MONKEYS ALLOWED!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!