IPS 2017 Round 2 Hellenic Slot Car Club

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

IPS 2017 Round 2 Hellenic Slot Car Club

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:18 am

Tuesday we run qualifying of round 2,gave promises to be some fight,i chose to run it on the red(internal ) lane just to verify that all cars go through tight corners(shakedown was run on blue,one of the center,lane).Chris,owner of the premises and importer of most major slot brands,drove the cars and produced some astonishing results.The first 5 cars whithin the same tenth.I believe though that cars #25 and #30 will be clear ahead on the center lanes.The 2 first front engine cars
0,01" away.In slimline class Nick clear ahead of the rest.The long straights penalized high geared or low motor rev cars,examples #46,68.Car #21 was very difficult to handle,rolling on every tight corner.

Repairs wise:
#4 superglued driveshaft bushing and reinforced with baking powder,i hope it will hold for the rest of the proxy
#15 pinion was secured with locktite i hope it holds
#7 tire was trued
#68 and #2 will be fixed after todays race

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: IPS 2017 Round 2 Hellenic Slot Car Club

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:19 am

Wednesday was the main race.Deslots was the name of the game.This race provided quite a few surprises mostly due to the number of deslots of each car:

Which explains why several cars ,fast over one lap ,finished low whereas others ,not so fast finished high:

So here are the race results,impressive 2nd spot for #27 fitted with slimline motor and 4th spot for front engined #12 .Congratulations to Neo,Nick and PETER GUNN`and to Mnewns for top spot in front engine class:

And series standings

Concours voting

And series standings
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: IPS 2017 Round 2 Hellenic Slot Car Club

Postby Audi1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks for posting the results of this SCI proxy race over here on HRW, Alexis. I think you'll find a lot of interested parties ono this board!

Congrats to the podium finishers in this second Round!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!